Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett 1500 vs. AT Pro

Being fairly close in price what would be the advantages/disadvantages of these 2 models compared to each other. Has anyone ever owned both? What advice would you give. Thanks.

Rebel1 said:
I think you need to post this somehwere besides the classifieds to get many answers.

Yep, the Garrett forum would give you some great answers.

The 1500 has always been a great clad hunter for me. More than paid for itself in 18 months. I like hunting the Pro, it gives a lot of info vid & tones & iron audio & a Big plus is it's waterproof.
I don't think Garrett makes the 1500 anymore. But theres got to be alot of them out there. I'd go with the AT Pro-- Underwater is the last frontier.

They have discontinued production of the 1500 it would appear, although Kellyco still has some in stock it appears. My bet would be Garrett is trying to sell of the last of their stock, and then the sponsors will remove the 1500 from their websites. As for comparing the 2, I am thinking the 1500 was discontinued in part to the price similarity between the 2. Garrett needed to make a choice, and the choice was obvious.

The 1500 is a great park machine and not much deeper than 5" or 6". The AT Pro is a whole different machine that will beat it hands down from depth to sound target ID...