Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Ace 400?

landman

Just saw this on another site for 2016. Anyone have anything more to add to this rumor?

Nothing to add, but i wonder if it would still b below the at pro, and if it would be waterproof? I still wonder when they will replace the gti 2500. But I gotta hand it to Garrett, they are the only major MD company with a top VLF MD under $1000 new :)

Roscue2 said:
Nothing to add, but i wonder if it would still b below the at pro, and if it would be waterproof? I still wonder when they will replace the gti 2500. But I gotta hand it to Garrett, they are the only major MD company with a top VLF MD under $1000 new :)

Not quite right the Teknetics T2 DST (top of the Tek line) is $899 at most dealers. But I also wonder when the gti 2500 is going to get replaced by an updated VLF machine. The GTI's came out in what? 1996, pretty long in the tooth for metal detector technology given all the advancement made in signal processing and mobile electronics. On the other hand they have come up with some pretty nice machines using their advanced PI tech so haven't exactly been sitting still at the high end.

I'm looking at new detectors, just waiting because of rumors in case something new comes out before spring / summer. Rumors of new releases derail any thoughts I have hoping something better is on the way. I have no idea when manufactures release new models or if it is just anytime their ready. I would have to guess a 400 The next step in the ace series. Not a pro but higher than the 350 with a TID maybe? Hope the manufactures start letting some news out soon.

Just spoke to Garrett last week about my GTI 2500. Was thinking of trading it in for an AT Pro or F75. Well, I was told the 2500 was way ahead of its time since it came out in 1999. It has many features the AT Pro does not have. By todays standards it can still keep up with most top machines in its price range. Garrett has no plans to stop producing it. Lets face, the AT Pro gets all the publicity. Nothing wrong with the AT Pro, a lot of people want the newest machine on the market.

Perfectly said SteveP

I'm looking to buy my first detector, and I was planning to get an Ace 350. However, then I stumbled upon the Whites TreasurePro, but that seems a little complicated, and I'm 6'4" so a little short. Then I read that there is going to be an Ace 400! Since there is a foot of snow on the ground, I can probably wait to see what it is like.

My wish list for the Ace 400 is: 5x8 coil, TID, manual ground balance, and while I'm at it, a little higher frequency? All for $<400 :)

If it's the same screen/layout as the 250/350, there's not enough room to cram more info into that tiny area.

jeg208 said:
I'm looking to buy my first detector, and I was planning to get an Ace 350. However, then I stumbled upon the Whites TreasurePro, but that seems a little complicated, and I'm 6'4" so a little short. Then I read that there is going to be an Ace 400! Since there is a foot of snow on the ground, I can probably wait to see what it is like.

My wish list for the Ace 400 is: 5x8 coil, TID, manual ground balance, and while I'm at it, a little higher frequency? All for $<400 :)

"Some makers offer [ TALL man lower rods] "

Get your CASH ready cos the G boys will be releasing some NEW toys any day now!!!"

The tiny screen and piss poor visual is getting old with Garrett!! How much longer are they going g to ride this crappy setup. The AT PRO is awesome but again the screen sucks, has a rainbow across the screen, and is so small. Horrible display screens

I'm looking at all the new $400 Detectors coming out and these Garrett's are pathetic. Do they pay attention to what others came out with???

hammer0419 said:
I'm looking at all the new $400 Detectors coming out and these Garrett's are pathetic. Do they pay attention to what others came out with???

Have you ever used a 250? These are an improvement on it. The 250 is a great detector, apart from the audio, it compares very favorably with the AT Pro imo. If these are better they should have no problem against the other detectors in this price range. And $400 rounds to $297.

I owned a 250 and did like it but the slowest recovery I ever saw. My problem is other companies are putting so much more out in the exact same price range. I like Garrett. I just wish they would step up and redesign their minute screens and offer what others offer in the same price ranges.

jeg208 said:

Bigger Coil. Yes to higher frequency. But they seriously missed the bus on the GB!!!

After using a only bandido uMax for the last few years I kinda miss that teeny rainbow screen on the Ace.

KG and Ringy have posted a video on YouTube using the new Ace 400 in Virgina. Steve from Garrett found a gold coin using one.

I've been testing the Ace 400. I think it's a very good unit. The iron audio works on the bottle caps, and the recovery speed is very fast. I took it to a very trashy spot just to fool around and get used to the machine. I ended up turning on the video camera! The bell tone stands out so well against the trash signals, I picked a Merc out of a very bad spot. I couldn't even pinpoint the target due to all the metal around it. I just did the wiggle and dug off the tip of the coil. Frankly I was amazed. I also found a 1937 Buffalo in the trash at around 7 inches deep. So far I'm impressed with the changes. It's simple , plenty deep, and will find good targets in a high trash environment. It's very similar to the AT Pro in standard mode. Even though I own quite a few high end machines, I'm keeping this one. It's just so easy to grab n go. Nothing to fiddle with, or worry about setting up properly. It just works well.