Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett APEX Got Fraternal Twins, Silver Dime And The Ugliest Ring Ever

John-Edmonton

Staff member

I hate using the old cliché "I detected in a hunted out spot"......but, I hunted an old area containing woods, parkland and damaged grass where an old school used to be. I have hunted this area with my friends for 25 years, along with others. Anyhow, like many say, a place is never really hunted out.

I hunted in all metal mode, multi-frequency, maximum 8/8 sensitivity and a ground balance of 85-87. Both 1934 (fraternal pennies) coins were dug at about 6-7 inches. Both gave off a signal, a bit broken at times 78-81, a signal anyone should and probably would dig. The dime read 81 and was down about 5 inches. It gave off a nice, pristine clear signal. There were several targets I started to dig that read in the middle 80's, hopefully identifying a silver quarter or a silver ring. Getting excited, I forgot to do my depth test, started digging anyways, and stopped at about 10 inches. I moved my coil over the target, and was sill getting a clear signal at 2 feet. I should of checked first! Maybe a pail of coins, but probably some junk non ferrous material. Being in an open area at a park, I chose to just move forward and leave it in the ground.

I also dug up part of an old toy cap gun. It would have been an excellent find if it was still intact. Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger was a famous TV show I used to watch when I was I young little rat. That ring sure is "ugly" eh! And the headstamp of a fired bullet, with a white thingy sticking out of the end. Not sure what it is or even if it is supposed to be there?

Got nice weather......below is a pic of the flour gold I dug out of the North Saskatchewan River yesterday. Pretty good hull for about 4 1/2 hours. My highbanker is 10" x 36".

sept24small h.jpg

John you are right . It is ugly. Is there a story about the ring itself? Never seen one. Also when (if they have) did they stop using silver in the Canadian coins? I still get a few in my change here in SE Georgia.

That's actually my second ring in that type of series. The other one was different, but just as ugly. I think they were available through those bubblegum type machines for a quarter.

John,
At least your able to throw " someone a bone":rofl: