Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Pro coil problems..

Synth or anyone else,
Just print out your complete statement. Send it along with your machine back to the Mother Ship and see what your response is? We all have different expectations with any purchase. It's as simple as calling Garrett and explaining your issues. Ask for a call tag and they will pick your machine up for free. What is it going to hurt?

Synthnut, I hope you get the coil issue solved. I have been using the AT for almost a month now and the only falsing problems i have encountered happen when banging the coil on roots or the base of trees.Is this common? I have a closet full of (different brands) machines and they all have a tendency to false when bumped into hard unmovable objects.

Thanks for all the replies ....Not sure what I'm gonna do yet .... I will probably keep it as I don't want to loose money selling it .....Live and learn ..... It's not doing anything any different than anyone elses machine is doing ...... I guess this is the new "normal " if I went to swing an AT Pro ..... A lot of other folks can live with various issues that I have a problem dealing with ....Perhaps as someone said , it's not the machine for me .... I'm not one to settle .... I'd rather pay more money to have a machine that I can be comfortable running ..... I'm happy for you guys that are having a great experience with this machine ...... I really wanted to bond with this machine but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen ..... I really understand the old addage that "You get what you pay for " ....... I will not have any problem paying more for a a machine that I can operate comfortably ..... Thanks to al lfor your words of advise , and Happy Hunting to all of you ......Jim

EZ,
Thanks for the suuport ....You're a great friend !!......Sincerely, Jim

Why don't you call Garrett and talk to an engineer. Then ask them to look at your video that you posted while your on the phone with them.

Southwind said:
Personally I don't put a lot of weight in some of the other complaints. All my detectors false when set to be very sensitive and I hit stuff or shake it in the air. I'm not sure on the "wobbly shaft" thing because mine seems to be just fine. If I felt it had a major deal busting coil issue you can bet I'd be bitching with the rest, but I just don't see it. I've seen a few people complain that don't even own the AT PRO yet. WTH is up with that? I very happy with my AT PRO, especially for the price.

Maybe those complaining who donot own an AT PRO work for the oposition.
The only complaints that I have heard about or read about have come from the USA, I am not aware of any problems yet here in Australia..
The machine does seem to have issues that I would not expect from a new model in this day and age of advanced electronics and considering that I have used a vast range of detectors that are many years old and only one has ever given me problems.
I guess time will tell with the AT PRO.

Fishers Ghost

synthnut said:
Thanks for all the replies ....Not sure what I'm gonna do yet .... I will probably keep it as I don't want to loose money selling it .....Live and learn ..... It's not doing anything any different than anyone elses machine is doing ...... I guess this is the new "normal " if I went to swing an AT Pro ..... A lot of other folks can live with various issues that I have a problem dealing with ....Perhaps as someone said , it's not the machine for me .... I'm not one to settle .... I'd rather pay more money to have a machine that I can be comfortable running ..... I'm happy for you guys that are having a great experience with this machine ...... I really wanted to bond with this machine but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen ..... I really understand the old addage that "You get what you pay for " ....... I will not have any problem paying more for a a machine that I can operate comfortably ..... Thanks to al lfor your words of advise , and Happy Hunting to all of you ......Jim

EZ,
why not send it in at Garrett's cost instead of throwing it in the closet. you acting like you don't want Garrett to check it out.

synthnut said:

EZ,

Don't like it don't want to send it in don't want to sell it. Thought you may have had a problem now I know you do. Tried to help some folks you just can not help out.
I would go back and read every thing you have posted it just don't add up.

Jason

I have a detector that falses , and makes me crazy when I hunt ....Now I'm told to slow down and change my normal way of hunting to accomodate the machine , instead of the machine accomodating me ........I'm not happy with the way it falses .......I have a forum full of guys who are content with the machine that they are using that falses just like mine does .....The company says that there's nothing wrong with it , and everyone is defending that statement ..... Most people who are using it have had other machines that did the same thing , so they think that this is normal ...... Since you guys find nothing wrong with the way this machine operates , then someone offer me a decent price for it , and I'll call it a day ......I won't bore you with my thoughts anymore ..... This AT Pro is the best machine that Garrett has put out in a while .....You guys are thrilled and don't mind modding with broom handles and electrical tape , and what's a little noise ....Every detector you've owned makes noise .......Someoen give me $500 for a machine that I paid $600 for a couple of weeks ago .....It's gotta be worth that much right .....Buy it from me and I'll go away and you will have a world class machine for only $500 ...... Now the ball is in your court ......Show me how you guys are now gonna rush to buy this machine that you rave about .....Jim

:rofl::rofl: ...... I can't even try to sell this thing !!.......The forum has a 3 mos rule on posting a detector for sale in a 3 mos time period ......:rofl::rofl: ...You can't make this stuff up !!.....Jim

I think your voicing your issues with the wrong people. I have said more than once to ask Garrett for a call tag and send it back to them. It will not cost you a dime. Give them a chance to test it for themselves. Just because some say it's normal doesn't keep you from sending it in for confirmation of such.

Give Garrett a chance to assess the machine then if they come back and tell you that the machine is normal, well then you can let fly with your complaints with just reason. and I will scrub the machine of my To Have list.

Fishers
Ghost

what i was trying to say is if everyone who thinks theirs has a bad coil would send it in at Garrett's cost they might look into it faster then just complaining about it on a forum.it is still winter so you wont miss a lot of detecting yet.

Stick a fork in this one it is done. If you gave $600 you likely payed to much to start with.
The detector could be made less sensitive where it will not false at all then folks would be bitching
That it does not get any depth. I am personally done with this post. It is hopeless.

Jason

Jason,
You're right ....This has run it's course ......Thanks to all for their idea's ......I'm done with this thread myself .....Jim

n/t

Ever heard of Ebay Synthnut? Duh...

bearkat4160 said:
Ever heard of Ebay Synthnut? Duh...

What are you? like 5?

I'm new to detecting and don't own a detector yet.A Friend of mine is loaning me his ace 250 until I get one.I was about to purchase the AT Pro until I started reading this post and doing more research on other forums.On a another forum it stated the coil problem might be the paint shield under the outer expoxy coating or maybe it doesn't have one at all.Also I read where the ace 350 uses the same coil as the at pro?Does the ace 350 have the same problem?Everyone is saying that Garrett says this problem is normal is it because they don't want to absorb the cost of redesigning a new coil?Meanwhile I'm going to wait a few months and see what the outcome is going to be.I might see if my Friend will sell me his ace 250 or buy a new ace 250 haven't made up my mind yet.

I just turned up the sensitivity on my E-Trac and my DFX and both gave false signals when twisted. I'm not saying some don't have a problem with their coils, but It seems to be not on all AT PRO's. Mine works fine and I've read several others who say the same thing. If you can adjust the sensitivity on your detector turn it up and try the twist test yourself.

I also have had no problem with the "wobbly shaft" issue. Perhaps I'm short enough(5' 8") that I don't extend my shaft out enough to experience the wobbly complaint?

I only look at the TID numbers and can see them fine. I wear glasses because things closer than 3' get blurry. I don't have a problem with the AT's display either.

I guess maybe the AT PRO isn't for everyone? Personally I find it to be the very best $500 detector I've ever owned hands down.

Yes I'm 6..

Anyone that purchased a new AT-Pro and are having problems with it needs to call Garrett and send it in to be fixed. Why have a warranty and not use it?? Years ago the Infinium had coil issues and Garrett took care of it. It is in Garretts favor to have you (the customer) be satisfied.