Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Pro coil problems..

I am not knocking the detector, it is a ball biting machine, it is simply that a lot of people who have used other metal detectors have commented about the AT Pro coil, so I am simply trying to figure out if there is a problem or not before I spend my money.

The only detectors that I have that will false when the coil is shaken or turned in the air rapidly have been PI machines, PI detectors are sensitive to the earths magnetic field direction and will often (not always) false when the machine is moved quickly through North to South or visa versa.

I can shake the crap out of my Lobo ST at max boost sens and and my Sov with the 15 inch wot coil and they do not false.
I have used many detectors over the years (38 in tot) and do not recall any that falsed when the coil was shaken or maybe not enough for me to have noticed. Most will false when the coil is bumped sharply against a rock or other solid object.

As a detector the AT Pro seems to be a lot of machine for the dollar and I would like to have one, but as I said , I need to know that there are no issues with the stock coil.

Fishers Ghost said:
I am not knocking the detector, it is a ball biting machine, it is simply that a lot of people who have used other metal detectors have commented about the AT Pro coil, so I am simply trying to figure out if there is a problem or not before I spend my money.

The only detectors that I have that will false when the coil is shaken or turned in the air rapidly have been PI machines, PI detectors are sensitive to the earths magnetic field direction and will often (not always) false when the machine is moved quickly through North to South or visa versa.

I can shake the crap out of my Lobo ST at max boost sens and and my Sov with the 15 inch wot coil and they do not false.
I have used many detectors over the years (38 in tot) and do not recall any that falsed when the coil was shaken or maybe not enough for me to have noticed. Most will false when the coil is bumped sharply against a rock or other solid object.

As a detector the AT Pro seems to be a lot of machine for the dollar and I would like to have one, but as I said , I need to know that there are no issues with the stock coil.

I spoke at length today with a veteran detectorist that I consider skilled and knowledgeable. He bought an ATPro and had the oft-mentioned coil problem.

After returning the detector to Garrett on their dime, his problem has been solved with NO loss of sensitivity.

Garrett has a long history of excellent customer service and quick turnaround time on repairs. If I bought an ATPro, I would have confidence in Garrett to make it right if there was any problem at all.

"After returning the detector to Garrett on their dime, his problem has been solved with NO loss of sensitivity."

Do you know if your friend knows the nature/cause of the problem? Of all the people I have read about that have returned
their machines and received them back with the problem "solved", one would think someone might have an idea of what
was actually done to eliminate the problem. I was also told by Garrett the wiggly falsing issue is normal. If that be true
why/how did they fix something that wasn't broke?

If its the same person i have talked to ,he said Garrett did not specify what that was fixed
but did say thy fixed it.:shrug: