Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett blue waterproof headphones and the ATX

nagov

Does anyone use the Garrett blue waterproof headphones with their ATX? I do like to snorkel hunt so I wanted a pair to use underwater but when I got the blue ones and put them on, I found them to be really loud even with turning down the volume on the ATX. Is it just me or are they just extremely loud? Guess I could just use the stock headphones they send along with the unit and just not dunk them....I don't think earplugs is the answer if going underwater....

Thanks

Cliff

I use them. They are loud and adjusting the volume makes no diffference since the atx has a minimum limit setting. They are designed for scuba, which involves a lot more noise. You will get used to it. Actually, they are way more loud with my seahunter because it picks up all of the hot rocks. With my atx, I fell like I am in quiet bliss cause I can run silent until I hit a target. Mine have developed a scratchy noise. I may have to contact garrett. The grey ghost have additional volume control. I have never tried the stock headphones so I cannot compare to the blue ones.

After re-reading the manual, I see my options are limited.... I'll set the volume (limiter) down as low as possible and see how that helps out (already down at 3rd LED). I've already stuffed foam in the ear pieces and when the ATX gets back from a repair, I'll give that a try. I really think the foam will make the ear pieces to tight and/or hot with no room for my ears....the blue underwater phones would definitely work great for scuba, most phones are to weak underwater.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cliff

Hi John - does Thick foam work. And then turning Down to 1 on the atx??? What setting does your threshold kick in to being audible 7/8???). I have the gray ghosts but not strong enough underwater. Testing today, I think have been missing quiet targets with the gray ghosts. ...