Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett carrot pinpointed problem

still looking 52

My Garrett carrot pinpointed is stuck in the silent vibrate mode, can't get in back in audio mode.
Tried taking battery out hoping it would reset to the default setting, no luck, tried going through all mode changes, it will change the three sensitivity settings but won't go over to any audio settings.
The alarm portion, that's where if you leave it on by mistake for five minutes, that works so I know the speaker works.
Any help would be appreciated , thanks in advance.

Called Garrett tech line, this guy had me fixed in about two minutes.
Just in case someone out there has the same problem, to fix all you have to do is hold the on/off button down until it starts blinking the while it's blinking push the button three times, that's it .
He said this is a common problem with the Carrot Garrett.

I still have to read my users manual sometimes to figure things out.😉

I give it to the first 12 year old that passes by and pay them a dollar……..lol

Stupid question. Did you try holding the on off button till you heard the multi tone then try and re program ?
let me clarify When I said stupid question I meant it was a stupid question on MY PART not Still Looking's question ,I meant no insult on Still lookings part

My Garrett carrot pinpointed is stuck in the silent vibrate mode, can't get in back in audio mode.
Tried taking battery out hoping it would reset to the default setting, no luck, tried going through all mode changes, it will change the three sensitivity settings but won't go over to any audio settings.
The alarm portion, that's where if you leave it on by mistake for five minutes, that works so I know the speaker works.
Any help would be appreciated , thanks in advance.
Glad you figured out the issue. Ironically I keep mine in silent vibrate mode. I like it much better as I don’t “alarm” people around me. When I have it on the audio setting, it tends to draw people (adults and children) that are near and ask what I found. Now they have no idea.

I use mine the same way and for the same reason. Now, if only Minelab would come out with a wireless version of their Pro Find pinpointer like Garrett did with their Z-Lynk Pro-Pointer AT that could be used with the Nox wireless headphones.