Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett GTI 1500

Waterdog

I heard that back in it day, it was not a real deep machine, but a go to machine for many.
Anyone here ever have a Garrett GTI 1500 ? Any tips or tricks with the Garrett GTI 1500.

I hunted the 1500 for years. (Clad hunting) This was back in the early 2000's. The sites were loaded with clad. Cause most everyone else was hunting Silver coins / Relics. Early on I hunted with happy feet. Shallow coins allover. Due to currency changes, after a while had to start slowing down. Sprung for the big 12" coil. It could reach down. The coin ID was accurate down to to ,say 5" maybe. After that had to pay more attention to the tones. The 1500 found gold /silver and A lot of money. When the AT Pro came out as water proof, that was it for the 1500. Sold it to a good home.

SAme back in the early 200's. We had two 1500's. Excellent machine, found tons of stuff, real happy with them. Then switched to the 2500. Before finally switching the the White's MXT for a change in brands.

I had one, and popped out many, many silver dimes. The imaging worked real well in the top 4-6 inches, then the reliability dropped off. I still have the GTI 2500, and enjoy taking it out occasionally.

I had a 1500 years ago. Liked it but finally sold it because it was heavy on my bad back. I am hoping the Apex gets me back to Garrett.

Hello waterdog i owned the gti1500 and gti 2500 loved them both but due to being heavy i traded them off i also hope the new Apex is awesome.

I have had both the 2500 and 1500 and love the coin sizing. The 2500 is super heavy and the 1500 is a bit better. Although I have 10 different detectors and have not used my 1500 in years, it is still in great shape and I just cannot let myself sell it. Such a fun machine and easy to use. The coin sizing is so much fun to use and quite accurate if you want to just cherry pick a site!

I have a 2500 and could never part with it. The first one I owned had treasure talk and I found that to be interesting. Just purchased a new one last Dec 2019. It is so simple to use and I have heard it was Charles Garrett's favorite machine. Yep, its heavy but I still love it. In my younger days I would hunt for 4 or 5 hours. Now I am selective on the temperature, time of day etc.....so the weight doesn't bother me.

Got one and been using it for the 10 years, great machine for coins, love the imaging, depth, night light, numerical read out and pin pointing features. I take this detector as a back-up with my AT PRO .
STAN