Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett headphone jack

LE.JAG

Hi,

Does someone has it the reference of the
garrett headphone jack

can I get this piece in detail in garrett, or elsewhere ?
as well as on the sea hunter ... (ATX ?)

thank

GOOD LUCK! I doubt you will find the connectors for sale.
Many have looked...none to be found. About a year ago there were some on sale from the Ukraine at $31 + shipping, but no longer are they listed.

Gray Ghost Amphibians have the same connector, of course, but I doubt that you could obtain the connectors from them.

I did manage to take one apart, shorten the headphone cable, and reassemble because of a break in the wire. It was one heck of task.
The epoxy is about impossible to work with. The set is still working, but I have gone to the GG Amphibian because of the volume control.

thank you for the answer,

it is surprising that Garrett can not provide a piece of their detectors
if a connector screw thread is out of service
Then, the detector is dead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

I doubt if any of the detector makers will send you internal parts to their machines, they aren't in the parts sourcing business. Garrett has a great customer service department and quick turnaround times, with very reasonable prices for out of warranty work. I sent in a Sea Hunter XL-200 about 12 years after I bought it for a broken coil wire (coil was hard wired on that machine) and they refurbed the entire unit by not only fixing the coil wire but also replacing all the water tight seals, and put in a new set of internal batteries and only charged me $45 and that included shipping.

I bought a new Infinium 2 months ago and also got a 8" mono coil with it. I have been using it with the stock coil to become familiar with it and so just put the 8" mono on it and found that the coil was defective with a broken wire near the connector. I called them up and after a 5 minute call they are sending a replacement coil with a postage paid return label for the broken coil.

I can't say enough good things about their customer service department, its the best. :clap:

One of thousands of great experiences with Garrett's Customer Service.

If you have a problem with any Garrett product, at least call them and 99.999% of the time
they will help if it is physically possible. Of course they may not have an older part that is
required for a fix, but they just might come up with a work-around.

I have a few (4) of the connectors if you still need, 13 each shipped. I got them from working on the GGA's a few years ago. All brand new.............They will need to be taken a part and it is possible, for I have repaired a few sets of headphones using them.

How's that project coming along LE JAG? Looking forward to see the end results.