Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Infinium vs Whites Dual Field which is deeper/better on the beach

The LS is not a dedicated Beach Machine Unlike the DF for Beach/Surf Hunting

Users need to spend more time to fine tune the LS correctly for the Beach/Surf Hunting

The DF's fine tuning is all preset at the factory, so the DF is very User Freindly for the beach/surf

I used both and never really notice a (Big) Depth advantage from the two.

Got both and the Garrett seems to be a little deeper here in Maryland, and I did read on another forum where the Ls was deeper in Naples Florida also.
snooksion said:
garrett infinium goes about 2 inches deeper than the dual field.i tested that with a "real" piece of 8,"silver".that Ron lord had at Vanderbilt beach.
Each detector has it's difficulty's in learning and both false badly at a few of the beach's I detect because of the rushing salt water, in the Chesapeake Bay where the water is calmer {still saltwater} each purr like a kitten. I don't like the coil of the DF, but I do love the 10x14 mono of the Ls. The Ls does have a little discrimination with it's two tones lo/hi hi/lo but this makes it difficult learning to PP'ing. This is where the the Df is better, just a strait forward deep hitting machine some what easier to use, and learn. I do think both do better in the deeper water then hi / tide low / tide lane. It would be a hard choice to say which is better, Both are excellent machines. My suggestion is to see what the locals are using and the type of hunting they are doing. This will give you more of a Idea on which is best for your needs........good Luck .......Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdTPuD-WxVA

In all fairness to the DF this is only my second time out with the DF...after some tips from some friends I do thing the df maybe able to match the Amped excal, just the excal has more of a defined response to the target.............just need to hook up with a couple DF pro's this winter .............anyone? Near OC, AC or maybe VB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8v0lBff1lU

Every time I watch you hunting in a video I want to pack the car and head for the beach. I hate the cold! My buddy and I are going to have a winter hunt sometime after Xmas. I hope for high 30's and no wind.

Joe,
Excellent video! With the video alone, you are going to talk me into an amp.
Cheers,
tvr

tvr said:
Joe,
Excellent video! With the video alone, you are going to talk me into an amp.

We have to hookup TVR, I gotta see your new Mel Parker Excalibur , Plus it's one of the OLd Excals?..like to do a side by side..{ also you can check out the amp }..................maybe Sandy Point or one of your beachs or even OC.....let me know...the excal in PP mode is so much like a PI detector....got this off the Pi forum, kinda relates to me on how the Amp works....And the excal without the amp.............. A Post from Vlad..............

The DF is more user friendly, does not have to be 'tuned' as much, has a gain adjustment and has a single tone. The coil that comes with it is hard wired in, but is made for beach hunting and the stock configuration is very well balanced. Also, the headphones are waterproof.

The Infinium needs to be 'tuned' a bit more for the conditions, the stock coil ( DD ) is no where near ( in my opinion ) close to the 10x14 mono for beach hunting, so you will need to buy that coil. In addition, the stock configuration is brutal so you will end up buying a straight shaft for it. Also, you need to buy the water proof headphones since they don't come standard. It does have tone id in the sense that there are hi/lo signals for most gold, low conductors and iron, and the lo/hi for clad, iron and higher conductors...but being a PI hunter you will be digging all the signals anyway. You can also get an 8 inch mono coil for it for beach hunting. It also has ground tracking, being primarily a gold hunting unit, so black sand beaches and mineralized beaches are no problem. And it has a frequency adjustment so one can eliminate EMI or outside interference.

Saying all that, I have had great success with my Infinium even though I have only had it a few months. I think it is very sensitive to small gold, even with the 10x14 mono coil. I feel if you can run the Infinium at it's peak sensitivity level and deal with some of the chatter, it can sniff out beach gold and is one of the best beach PI's for the job. The secret is to get the unit just to the point of instability using the discrimination knob and threshold. Since the machine does not have any internal adjustment to cancel out salt water, you have to do it. Some beaches are less 'salty' than others, so you can tune the Infinium for optimal sensitivity to gold.

JC

I own and have used both on the beach and in the water

Both have paid for themselves by helping me find gold rings etc. all in the water.

With all its adjustments I think the Infinium, with the 8" Mono, is better on the beach and the Dual Field with less constant chatter, larger coil, and auto ground ballancing is better in the water. (My personal preference anyway.)

I have found more old, small, deep gold with the DF.

Both are excellent detectors, but as PI machines are deep locators and mean lots of digging.

I prefer a descriminating machine on the beach such as the Excaliber.

On a heavily hunted beach or in heavily hunted water with few deep targets these PIs are king, but they also are a nightmare where there are lots of junk targets!

GL&HH Fellow Hunters,

CJ