Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett LTX

I don't get out and about posting much anymore but I figured you guys would want to see this. My original ATX was one of the first, and being an ATX fan I decided to buy another one and convert the old one into a lighter weight dry land version that could accommodate the Infinium DD coils, as well as the old stock coil which I converted to a center mount. My custom Garrett LTX (Lightweight ATX) comes in at a perfectly balanced 4.7 lbs (with rechargeable batteries) versus my stock ATX at 6.9 lbs. Mine can be hip or chest mounted but I doubt I will unless in extremely steep terrain. Anyone interested in details can Google "Garrett ATX rebuild".

[attachment 342140 garrett-atx-next-to-herschbach-custom-ltx-small.jpg]

[attachment 342141 garrett-ltx-lightweight-atx-modification-infinium-10-coil-small.jpg]

Very interesting setup. I should have an atx in the mail today. If everything goes ok give me a few weeks to see what I can come up with.

WOW! what a read and bag full of information. It was specifically interesting about the Ground Balance Hole PIs have.
Bret did a great job in explaining the Hole and the difference between a one and two channel ground balance. I love to learn something new everyday. Here it is 3:30am and I have done that today! Thanks for the info and such a thorough description and photos. Amazing. Now, waterproof it :cheers:. Thanks

Here is the link to the "Hole" topic https://youtu.be/XMzwi2FeIBM

And like you said if you are interested in the entire story: "Anyone interested in details can Google "Garrett ATX rebuild"."

Ya just wonder why it wasn't made like that in the first place? (Water proof of course) It could've been made something like the Infinium. And with a lot more sales. The Technology is great, but the weight and the maintenance ? Course what do I know?

Same converted control box, but on carbon fiber straight shaft. Original coil enclosed in shell to covert to center mount. Not much lighter than stock at 6.24 lbs. but much better balance and feel. And still can be converted to hip or chest mount, in which case rod and coil on arm weighs 3.2 lbs.

[attachment 342281 garrett-ltx-lightweight-atx-modification-small.jpg]

[attachment 342282 garrett-atx-coil-convert-to-rod-mount.jpg]

Good job Steve,

Very professional, took your time and it paid off.

Congratulations!
Paul

The ATX was definatly made for a Grunt, with little smarts and a stong back and shoulders. Basic electronics is good but needs a weight watcher diet.