Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Master Hunter CX3 Need a Replacement Battery holder

Johnnythunders

I just got my Garrett Master Hunter CX3 out of my case in 25 years.
Well the Battery look bad so I changed them and the detector still will not work.
Looking at the Green Plastic Battery holder looks like it needs replacement but I cannot find it. anywhere on the internet.
Anyone knows where I can get one and how much will it cost?
I am sure Garrett has them but I am sure they want top dollar?........Thanks
Part # 214-2786151.........JT..............http://www.poszukiwania.pl/portal_old/pliki/testy/cxplus/im005487.jpg

I have found Garrett to be very reasonable on service. If they have one, you will know it's right. Have you tried cleaning up the old one? I know on my CX II that I have to be careful to put each of the 6 C cells in correctly.

Called Garrett and the Had one in stock.
Cost was $25 and $10 shipping($35}
Hope the Detector works now since there was NO battery Leakage outside of the
Battery Holder..............JT

Hey Johnny, those old Garretts were made tough. Back in the 80's I bought a very nice used Garrett Deepseeker. The body was made of metal. My hunting partner and myself got caught in a torrential downpour on a relic hunt about 2 miles from our trucks. We were under a canopy of trees but we still got soaked. When we got back to our trucks the rain had finally stopped. I turned the Garret on and it made an awful high pitch squelch sound. I opened the battery cover up on the backside of the detector and literally poured water out from the inside of the housing and all the electronics. I knew it was fried. Long story short, when I got home I spent about an hour towel drying the 9 volt battery tray and drying the inside of the housing with a blow hair dryer. The detector worked fine afterwards and I would go on to use for another 5 years. I'll bet your Garrett works still.

I would hope sooooo
The Batteries Leaked buttttt inside the Battery Holder.
The acid did not come out of the battery holder but glad I was able to buy a New Battery holder before they are long gone.
I was surprised that they still had a few left.
Butttt
I just bought a MineLab 800 last week and will keep the Garrett CX3 as a spare.
Hope that I will use the Minelab notttt like the CX3 not using it in 30 years lol..............>JT

Be sure and pull the batteries when you store it for more than a month or so.

I just got my Garrett Master Hunter CX3 out of my case in 25 years.
Well the Battery look bad so I changed them and the detector still will not work.
Looking at the Green Plastic Battery holder looks like it needs replacement but I cannot find it. anywhere on the internet.
Anyone knows where I can get one and how much will it cost?
I am sure Garrett has them but I am sure they want top dollar?........Thanks
Part # 214-2786151.........JT..............http://www.poszukiwania.pl/portal_old/pliki/testy/cxplus/im005487.jpg
Just ordered one from Garrett I think it cost 25 + shipping. Mary is a sweetheart. I don’t think they have very many left in stock.

Well I put in a New Battery holder and it still does not work(last week}.
Today I got some white Vinegar and rubbed it on the metal contacts outside of the battery holder of the CX3 and the detector lighted right up.
I was going to sell it since I bought a Brand New Minelab 800 butttt thinking I might just keep the CX3
since I only used it less then 30 mins in 30 years........JT

Yes, keep it & enjoy it in suitable sites. Old fashion fun!