Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Museum

grumpysrb

Garrett has no information about the Museum on their website. Anyone have any info about it?

Are you referring to the one at their plant ? Very cool stuff there . Not real big. Its just a large showroom. Worth a stop in if your in the area. Very impressive .

Yes, that one. There's no information about it on their website, although I'd think there would be.

was over there last friday taking my detector in bad spot on the screen.while i was there checked out the museum have a lot of different displays with different types of finds very cool.as usual garrett took care of my detector while i was there fixed the screen and put new connectors on for the coil and headphones easier to tighten.great service as always don't think there is another company out there that stands behind their product like garrett :thumbup:

Someday I will have to stop by and check it out if I ever make it to that area.

fongu said:
I would love to see their museum.

I would love to find something good enough to get in their museum. Artie

It's possible for anyone to find something good enough for the museum, isn't it?

Yeah, it's possible, It's also possible I could lose thirty pounds, but that ain't happened yet either LOL. Not sure what they're standards/qualifications are for submittal. value? coolness? historical? It may be possible my pulltab collection is the worlds largest, but probably not LOL. Artie

I've lost over a hundred pounds, several times. So I know you can lose thirty.

You won't know what Garrett wants until you ask. My guess is that Garrett himself found a lot of what is in the museum. If I ever find something unique enough I'll call and ask if they want to show it in the museum.

I was saving them, had heard that the pull tab was made of a stronger aluminum than the can, and therefor that was why the companies just wanted the pull tab, and when you sent them in, money got donated to the veterans, or other worthy cause. Then I had several reputable people/sources tell me that was a hoax. I still do have a couple of containers kicking around with pull tabs in them.

I keep and donate my pull tabs. I know people who have taken them to Texas Children's and for every so many they donate a free Chemo to a younger. A guy I worked with took bottle caps for a woman he knew with cancer. So I don't think every case is a hoax.