Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Pro-Pointer and the V3 ...

Willee - Texas

Is an incompatible combination.

Tried it at the local part today and it would not quit beeping and vibrating.
There must be a frequency conflict as I can not get the detector coil far enough away to use the Pro-Pointer.
It is totally unusable as long as the Spectrum V3 is turned on.

You might try putting your V on the 6 block screen, while using the handheld pinpointer.

Putting the V in the 6 block screen won't help. Unplugging the coil should make it work, but that's not something you'd want to do I'd guess since it's easier just to turn the machine off. The only thing that I can think of that might help is to change the frequency offsets, but from the sounds of it, that won't do too much. But worth a try if it hasn't been tried yet.

I use a garrett pro also my detector the V3 works just fine.If you get cross talk while digging hit menu while digging,then toggle back.I think it is a very good pin pointer.Yazoo

MXT yesterday, Might be the 12" coil? I have had zero-to-very minimal interference with the Pro Pointer and the Vision, and essentially NONE with my modified IDX Pro or XL Pro.

For me, however, it is an easy 'fix' because I simply toggle the switch on my headphones to silence them. Many headphones have a "compatibility" toggle and all you have to do is use it to silence the detector's response. This is also a benefit because you can better hear the Pro Pointer. :)

One thing I haven't checked is if the Pro Pointer's periodic affect when using the Vision is due to the wireless headphones or not.

Monte

tab-nabit said:
I have used the Pro-Pointer and the Pocket UniProbe with the Vision - no issues so far.

Hummm ... wonder why some of you are not having a problem with it.
I will try some more things today.

I do like the Pro-Pointer ... it works really good (with the detector off).
It is built rugged and should last for years and years.
I hope I can find a work around so I can use it.

Willee said:
Is an incompatible combination.

Tried it at the local part today and it would not quit beeping and vibrating.
There must be a frequency conflict as I can not get the detector coil far enough away to use the Pro-Pointer.
It is totally unusable as long as the Spectrum V3 is turned on.

I have ZERO problems with my Garrett ProPointer and my V3.
It works great may need to try another one or may be the area you are in.

Jason

My V3 will cross talk when using my Garrett Pro-Pointer if I get the coil too close the the dig hole. If i angle the coil away from the hole at say a 45 degree angle the interferrence goes away.

No problems at all here....

Willee, Initially my Vision also sounded off when the ProPointer was turned on. I changed the Vision frequency offset to a -4 and that solved the problem. You can try various offset numbers + or - until you find one that works for you....Don

If I recall correctly - seems to me I read somewhere that the Pro Pointer runs 12 kHz.
If you continue to have the problems, maybe an email to both Whites and Garrett explaining what's going on - see how each responds.