Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer

Fishfinder

Does anyone know if Garrett has addressed the falsing or failing that is so common on the original pro pointer. I like the Pro-pointer but have had nothing but trouble with it and to costly to keep sending in for repairs.

I'm wondering also... I've been a Garrett fan and user since the 1980's.. The PP is sure a disappointment..

Fishfinder said:
Does anyone know if Garrett has addressed the falsing or failing that is so common on the original pro pointer. I like the Pro-pointer but have had nothing but trouble with it and to costly to keep sending in for repairs.

Yes, they addressed it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akPtzNPFOVY[/video]

Silver Simon said:
Fishfinder said:

Yes, they addressed it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akPtzNPFOVY[/video]
Thank you so much now I can buy the new one with confidence.

Hi, I was just reading this on an OZ forum and it seems relevant so t thought I'd copy & past here.

"My second new Garrett pro-pointer is only 14 days old and has already started to false frequently. Why don't Garrett fix these technical problems? I see several of the fixes are well documented on the net. It's a shame they are not built to a higher quality containing these revisions. With all the new competition out there I guess they will have to soon. In the meantime they are about to lose a loyal customer as I won't be buying another Garrett as the quality indicator of the current one is at the 'poor' level."

"I have seen about 25% due to wiring and about 75% due to the poor earth contact on the coil - Problem is the coil is potted in epoxy and almost impossible to get to the earthing point.

It is the foil plate and the silver glue that fails. And any movement causes a falsing. //I have known some to have had 3 in a row before they got one that was stable."

Garretts pin pointer was the best on the market, some had their faults and some were truly abused by their owners, however Garretts addressed those faults and their new pin-pointer seems to have all the bells and whistles'

I have the new Garrett Pro-Pointer AT and have had no problems with falsing or anything. If you run it on the factory default of 2 sen. it will do great. When you put it on Sen. 3 it is crazy deep, too deep. You can use it as a true hand detector when set on 3. Just scan the ground and pick up targets. I am well pleased with the new Pro-Pointer AT.
Thanks for reading
Donald
South Carolina