Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Pro pointer

Trixter50210

This is probably the best thing ive ever bought for metal detecting. The garrett pro pinpointer is a must for faster and better recovery of anything. It is unbelievable and very versatile

I posted a question to members, "who had the best pinpointer?" 90% of the replies said, "Garrett Pro Pointer!" So I bought one about 3 weeks ago, and I know it was the right choice. I would not go on a hunt without it. Really helps me zero in on the target. Much better range (2"+) than the AutoMax V4 (better than nothing) I was using.

Mine developed a glitch a few weeks ago. It arrived back to Garrett August 27th and was back in my hands 26 days later.
It came with a pretty long list of repairs but it was the longest 26 days of my life.

[size=large]once you've hunted with one the with-drawls of not having it on a hunt will make you pack your hunt up and go home and get it.
one suggestion i read last year. use electrical tape near the top. wrap it a few times. otherwise the pointer will work it's way into the holster and i was told it can fall completly through. so wrapping it helps to prevent that. also tape a sandwich bg around the spealer and button area. prevents mud from getting in as well as getting soaked. these are water resistant, not proof. these are the best. i've had both of mine for over a year and no problems.

HH[/size]

Trixter50210 said:
oh what was the glitch?

Out of nowhere the unit just went silent when approaching a target. The vibration unit would only work intermititly. What sound the unit did produce was just a faint hum.
Haven't heard of anyone else having such a problem but it seems to work fine now.

gordygroover said:
Trixter50210 said:
oh what was the glitch?

Out of nowhere the unit just went silent when approaching a target. The vibration unit would only work intermititly. What sound the unit did produce was just a faint hum.
Haven't heard of anyone else having such a problem but it seems to work fine now.

ok well thats good mine is working great and it is going to be a vital part in my future hunts

I just recently got mine , its got to make you wonder how we do without it. Find Im digging many more pull-tab zone targets now and getting many more of the coins from that target range. Where I am I seem to be the only person who detects so Ive been mostly cherry- picking $1and $2 dollar coins which there seems to be no shortage of. Thanks for the tips on the pro-pointer, . If you need to double the depth on it briefly (if you wear a ring) just run your ring hand down the pro-pointer till it starts beeping, then back your hand back till its quiet, then you will have about 4 inches of detection

Don't forget that when you have it in the hole and it is sounding off, turn it off and then on again and it will be more sensitive to the target. you can move it around the hole with no noise until it is right on the target, works well

Ive turned around 1/2 way to a site the
few times i left mine at home ..

NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

oldranger said:
Ive turned around 1/2 way to a site the
few times i left mine at home ..

NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

I agree! However I did go off and leave it at home the first hunt last year. We had driven 15 miles to detect a campground/park. So I just sucked it up and did it the old fashioned way and still wound up having a pretty decent day.

It did make me realize one thing though. The Propointer tends to make me lazy and sloppy in pinpointing because targets are so easy to find with it. So leaving it at home is not all bad. It forces you to sharpen up your pinpointing skills.

Jerry

I have read where some members put electrical tape on their propointer and use it in the water. Would it be okay to put it in a food saver bag and remove the air and seal it up and use it underwater? It seems like it would work as long as it didn't overheat and that should not be a problem with just a nine volt battery. You can press the on/off button through the bag.

Some people have sealed the opening with silicone and use them under water but you are literally in uncharted waters :rofl:

Jerry

Don't forget the light hole. I did...drowned Propointer. I have one now that I use marine silicone to seal all 3 spots and then wrapped it tightly with Mighty Tape, leaving the on-off button exposed. I also put a little extra silicone grease on the battery compartment o-ring. I also now have 2 backup Propointers that came with some e-bay buys. I never hunt without one!!