Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Pro Pointer

Ward

I think its Funny all the people that gripe about Garretts Pro Pointer being so loud, its the best Pinpointer ever made, are You hunting where You shouldnt be ?

Different strokes for different folks, I wouldn't trade my SunRay for one, but they are the best for a handheld probe.

I just bought a second Pro Pointer just to have a spare after having a glitch in the first one(Garrretts made it right, with kudos!), and I suppose I just got used to the sound volume. The performance of the Pro far outweighs the tonal volume IMO. I won't leave the house to hunt without mine. martin

I'm still hearing of Sunray having occasional issues with the V3i at certain settings or with the boost on. That's stopped me from getting one so far. I use a White's Bullseye. I do have to sweep the coil over the hole twice once in awhile, if the target doesn't come out in the first plug. Cutting a large enough plug, depending on my depth readings, many times eliminates my use of a probe at all. That can also be considered a waste of time. In most of our local (Iowa) soils, the plugs generally break where the coin/target is. If you don't see the coin/target, just sweep the plug halves over your coil. Plugs also fill in your holes efficiently, with little evidence that you've been there. Just my 2 cents. HH, Brian.

I've been using the White's pinpointer because they are so good about servicing them and once you get past the "switch" they do work well. Just picked up a Garrett Pro-Pointer and have yet to get out.

I think most people think the Pro Pointer is the handheld of choice at this time. There were switch problems but I hear less of this now. Really the forum is for discussing the Spectra but I'm liberal.

Once you own the Pro Pointer for a while, dirt gets caked up in the speaker and the volume will be muted to a nice volume.

I like my old Bullseye pin pointer that I got with my DFX... no problems with switches and very dependable!!!

Garrett Pro- P/P AAA+++AAA

Neil in West Jersey said:
Once you own the Pro Pointer for a while, dirt gets caked up in the speaker and the volume will be muted to a nice volume.

I just wrap some electrical tape around the Pro Pointer speaker to quiet it down.