Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett pro-pointer

murray s

I have a garrett pro-pinpointer that is acting up. First turn it on it is good for a minute then it starts to continously beep even tho it is not around any metal. Tried new batteries no luck. Anyone have any other ideas. Thanks Murray

I have a garrett pro-pinpointer that is acting up. First turn it on it is good for a minute then it starts to continously beep even tho it is not around any metal. Tried new batteries no luck. Anyone have any other ideas. Thanks Murray

Are you literally using it for a whole minute, straight?

I've got the Garrett Carrot and with mind it has to be reset occasionally.
If you have an owners manual it has the reset procedure in it, if not you can call Garrett and they'll walk you through it.

In my thinking, a handheld pinpointer is meant to be used quickly, find the signal location, scoop out the spot and check the hole again, and the dirt pile. Then the pointer is switched off for the next time. That insures the pinpointer is reset like clockwork. Leaving a pinpointer on for much time will cause this issue. These things are always retuning the environment, be it near the detector, in your holder, or even laying on the ground.

Sounds like it might just be drifting & need to be re tuned.

I had a problem with what some call the carrot. First part of the season. Same symptoms you described . Tried the reset but didn't work. Driving me nuts. Called Garrett. The gentleman I talked to was super nice. We talked metal detecting for darn near 20 minutes. He gave me the information I needed to send it in. The shipping was 9 bucks. Couple days later they contacted me and I sent them 40 bucks. They sent me back a brand new one. All in a weeks time. The one I sent them was 6 years old. I've also got the black one. Have used it for over 10 year's and still works great....hhrickinmi

Try this, part of it is in the manual under Changing Settings to get to the flashing LED.
Press and hold the button for 2 seconds indicated by a single beep followed by a dual-tone beep and flashing LED. While the LED is blinking push the button 3 times in a row.
That may fix it if you have the orange one.
Ron in WV

Are you sure the new battery is good? Checked it with a volt meter? Sounds suspiciously like a battery just about to drop below the 8v limit. One thing greast about Garrett and those pin pointers is their policy about repairing /replacing them,,, doesn''t cost much more than the postage to get it there.(y)