Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett waterproof headphone question...

Yes, I believe they will, but not totally sure. I have a question about headphones which may belong in another thread, but can the Greyghost Amphibians work on a Sovereign or MXT and where would you get an adaptor? Thanks.

No they do not meet my standards on the Sovereign, audio in the 73db range not loud enough. Sovereign audio is AC current, Piezo buzzers alone work best DC current.

MXT not sure....

Thanks OBN. Probably wouldn't be worth the trouble to change headphones all the time anyway. The GG Amphibian will stay permanently on my Infinium.

The original waterproof Infinium headphones will not turn the speaker's audio OFF on the ATPro.
The waterproof headphone Garrett is now making ARE compatible with ALL the AT-series and the Infinium detectors.
My newer (2012) purchase came with a small sticker on the inside of the headband that was marked "ATPro Compatible".
I have just given a pair of GG Amphibians and find them more comfortable, affected less by wind noise and with a volume control they are a winner for me. and the ATPro, ATX and Infinium detectors.

Golly! I have a set of WP headphones from my Infinium that I had planned to use on the ATX as the situation presented itself... did not realize there was a difference. Guess the only way to know at this point is to try them on the ATX and see if they will work...

Was also saving pennies for possibly a set of Grey Ghost phones. Can those follow the Infinium everywhere or just stay in the kiddie pool with the ATX (I'm a SCUBA diver...)

thx

Below is the specification link for the GG Amphibian headphones.
They are waterproof to a MIN of 30 feet. Nothing about MAX depth that I found.

http://www.detectorpro.com/grayghost-amphibian.htm

Also see J-Es posting it is above all threads.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?62,1917244,1917244#msg-1917244