Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Z-Lynk..................

James/Washington

Could not find a forum that fit this except here. Anyway.......
Garrett z-Lynk. Who has one and are you having problems with the transmitter suddenly shutting off?? I am presently on my 3rd unit. Garrett has been good at replacing problem units for me but this is beginning to bother me. The first unit I had was defective and the transmitter wouldn't take a charge. I got a replacement charged it up and took it out. After about 30 minutes, the transmitter suddenly stopped working. It did this 3 more times before the hunt was over. Again, I called Garrett and the sent me another unit. I charged it up and took it out the next day. Again, I used it with my X-terra 705 and again, after around 30 minutes, the transmitter suddenly turned itself off. I changed detectors to my Fisher F19 and after 30 minutes, the transmitter shut off again. I turned it back on and after another 30 minutes the transmitter again shut off. This is the 3rd unit and I am getting tired of messing with this issue. The unit should not go off! This is unacceptable! I am going to call Garrett again and have a talk with them. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with their unit. If so, Garrett has a big problem.

I'd say that Garrett got a bad batch of batteries--I've experience something like that with rechargables before.

I've bought one yesterday and went hunting. After approximately 30 min to an hour the transmitter powered down for the first time. In total this repeated about 10 times. End of the day I exchanged this unit for a new one. Today the exact same problem and more. The replacement unit powered down again and again and it's sound wasn't clear. Klick's and crack's especially with lower or variable tones. Second unit will be returned tomorrow.