Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garydrayton THing adventures any good?is he 4real?

scrounger

Ran into Gary's blog site.he seems to have many
High grade finds consistently..almost too good 2btrue.
Who thinks this is real deal?. I guess it just might be possible
If you really know your area intimately,hunt only the wealthiest
Areas and have the top machines and are excellent at using them. I'm still somewhat skeptical.seem he offer lessons and adventures too.would love to hear from anyone who has
Hunted with him on his paid trips.

Is he for real, ML must think so since he is part of their team. He once told me he rarely hunts with anyone. Must be trying the impossible......... making a living detecting. I cant slam anyone for their finds.......... we all have seen some wild things come out of the ocean. When its giving its giving. The trick is finding the right beach and getting your coil over the target consistently.

No, Drayton is a painter by career. Treasure hunting is his hobby/passion from what I have read of his stuff.

Lot of treasure on that side of the island.....Miami, Lauderdale and all that coast can give some good tickets. To say his findsarent real.....well ive seen a lot of beginners come up with huge finds. I personally cant judge those finds......but arent they beauties so why be haters about it.

I believe Gary is legit.

I have a few of his books and have read about his approach to detecting and he really breaks things down and analyzes the beach and conditions. That is it could be described as a scientific approach. Of course you are also looking for and identifying beach front that is located in front of high end/high traffic hotels etc.

For instance if you get to a beach and it is "soft" and "sanded in" he suggests that you move on and not waist your time. That being said you need to check alternate sites if your first area is sanded in or not producing.

But back to location. I think that is the key here like dew said. The greater Miami area is the key in that a lot of stuff is being lost on the beach and in the water in that area.

So I guess we all need to go to Miami to hunt. Well that would be a start but then we still need to get our coil over the target and its a big ocean.

HH

I've always enjoyed all his reading material, He must have a ton of spare time, as you must put in a lot of hunt time, to find all the treasures he finds.

I think he is for real and a very good hunter, One thing for sure hunting is very site dependent and he has some Cherry Locations. Some one that Knew him told me of his spots, most up scale and Private. And only thru his job he was able to hunt them.. Be this true or not I have no clue.

I've traded notes with Gary many times in the past and had the opportunity to look at a few of his books. It's not all about the sites--Gary is a patient and hardworking hunter who looks for ways to do what no-one else can or will. This is a mindset I hear spoken by all the best hunters. That's how he succeeds. He also learns his machines up and down.
cjc

I believe there is an intangible thing we call lucky. Beginners luck and random "lottery winner" luck happen to other people all the time. Now the guys who are "lucky" consistently are very skilled, use top equipment and think/strategize like hunters. Beyond that they put in the time hunting and finding where to hunt. As a result they have the finds. Lucky, huh?

I like to say, "I make my living stating the obvious".

He is the real deal. I've had numerous talks with Gary both personal and on treasure hunting . Spent some time with Gary in florida last August and Wil probably do so again this summer . Gary is just a straight forward guy. Loves the hobby and is fortunate enough to have many people want him to try there products . Why? Because he found an emerald ring? That's part of it. Lol but what you don't see is the numerous amounts of treasure he's found that goes unshown. My names

Ray Sam Wagaman .and I a prove this message and am also a water hunter and author.

Metal Detecting The Beaches From Maine To Florida .

I don't know Gary other than by reputation, but I will say the truest thing I've ever heard in metal detecting is that 10% of the treasure hunters make 90% of the quality and consistent finds. Half of doing this well is research and then the willingness to get up and go when and where other people won't. I made my living with my detector and I can tell you it's not easy. Depending on your area maybe even impossible. The funny thing is people who have success and talk about what they are finding are scrutinized closely by the other people lurking on here. I've been called a liar, followed around to my spots, and even had so called friends work areas earlier than our agreed upon hunting time in places that were producing. People get weird when they don't just love the act of the hunt. When greed gets into people's heads they forget what's important. If you're asking questions about another detectorists that way ask yourself what is motivating you. If you want the finds, put in the time to educate yourself on the best way to look for what you're after. If you want the money, better to sell your gear. It's worth a lot more than most of what gets dug up. I'm not trying to come off sounding harsh nor is this post pointed at anyone. I just started reading and it struck a chord so I thought I'd add my 10 cents.. I've met some fine people through treasure hunting. I've learned a lot from the ones who operate from a place of shared knowledge and friendship. It's better than being the other guy.

I must say Mate. you truly nailed it when you said your write up under the IS GARY DRAYTON FOR REAL POSTS. what you said covers it. Thats the truth. I been down the same road. Never made a living doing it but Enjoy the hobby so much even after 26 years and its still a fun passion. Most people dont realize that Gary hunts a ton of private locations in Florida. So most think simply by walking to the beaches in Florida dropping the coil in the sand or water is going to bring up a gold n diamond ring or a 1715 fleet emerald ring is that easy . Sure to be surprised. lol

Glad to see someone like your self is original and to the point.

Wanted to shoot you a message Dig but your inbox is full .

The thing about him metal detecting, if he finds one thing he's all done on the program, and he flies with that detector I was always taught hunt low and slow because you can pass up a lot of stuff, that's the way I hunt and done very good.

I don't know if he is real or not. And honestly it makes absolutely no difference to me. I don't watch you tube videos as I find most of them to be boring. Different strokes for different folks. If he finds some nice, expensive and glittering more power to him. I detect for my own pleasure. .

Hey guys for what its worth....... I have been part of two TV documentaries regarding local crime cases. A lot of what you see is restaged so the camera crews can get the optimal shots and footage. Does he find stuff? I bet he most likely does. Is it live footage? Most likely not. The age old question posed in the old TV ad, is it live or is it Memorex.......