Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

George Washington Inaugural Button, Colonial Shoe Buckle

Evolution

Found my first GW inaugural button today. I've been waiting to see one of these for years. Also dug a nice colonial shoe buckle frame and a solid brass finial of some sort.

Midwest-Th'er said:
Awesome!:wiggle: Looks like Eagle & Star.Congrats!! Keep it up! GL & HH
Thanks for the reply. After closer examination it looks to be the eagle and star with the writing on the edge. It's the GW1... "March The Fourth 1789 Memorable Era" is written around the edge of the button.

Great find..i'm jealous,to me that is better than any coin out there..great piece of history!!

Slightly better pictures....easier to see the lettering around the edge.

Wow!! Some great old and historic finds there! Great detecting!:thumbup:

Congrats on the great finds !

Rough shape but still an outstanding find! Congrats!