Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Get this BS from the Whites Forum

bigealive

To start a have owned a White MXT for 5 + years then I purchased a 1350. Last spring a 2500 and this spring V3. Yesterday, they kicked me out of their forum because, get this, I had 2 Garrett's listed in detectors I use along with my MXT and a new V3. I was emailed and told that they don't allow other Detectorists into the whites forum. I return email him and explained the I indeed did own 2 whites and 2 Garrett's. 8, count them, EIGHT emails later they allowed me back as a member but, this is the BIGGEST thing, the moderator went back into my thread about "the 3 Seated Liberties" and slipped in sentences, like, "The V3 brings in the Silver" and "MXT does it again" before he put them on. Dumb A$$es I found the hat trick of Seateds with my 2500! I didn't even have my V3 or my MXT with but they are so stuck on themselves like Whites is a superior race. I am not one to argue over detector brands and which one is what one and which one is whose....???.... Now they got me talking like Dr. Seuss. Get a life, if the detector works and you can find coins, etc. with it, use it. MY Garretts are superior to the slow, complicated, and confusing, brand name that is WHITE.(Even my V3 is nothing compared to a 2500) Color monitor?? Who cares. Enough said. I will still use both brands but get a life and enjoy it. Sorry for blowing up on you guys but I know at least this forum is not scare of others being excited about a big find and sharing or asking opinions about other brands. Thanks Everybody, Todd H.

That's unbelievable man!!! Some people are just stuck up with themselves. They( people who opposed you) shouldn't be allowed to call themselves MDers!!!

I follow all the forums on this site to get insights into my hobby. Sometimes I have something to add to try and help someone, most times I seek knowledge. All in all, I have found that the mods on the different forums do a good job, but sometimes, they over step their boundaries. The mods are the only ones that can alter posts or remove/delete/censor posts, correct? Censorship is a great thing when used constructively and correctly, but also detrimental when misused. I guess nobody is forcing us to use this site, and plenty have left because of the rules they impose here.

I can believe it Todd. I had a similar experience. Years ago I was using the MXT along with other detectors.
One day while talking to White's customer service I mentioned how many gold rings I had found on sports
fields. They wanted me to write a story about it, which I did. They liked the story except for one little thing,
they wanted me to take out the part that mentioned other brands of detectors other than White's.
This I felt was not right and didn't do it. No rewrite and I sold the MXT. I am still upset about their attitude.
You wont find that on this Garrett Forum. This is a good place to speak your mind and not get told off.
I don't post much but your post really struck a nerve with me. I have used Garrett detectors since the
1970's and am proud to say so. They are fine detectors that are built to last and backed by some
great customer service. You can mention another brand of detector to the Garrett folks and they wont
go nuts, Don't try that at White's though. That's my rant. Good hunting to you Todd and to all that
read this !.

Sounds to me like a few other people should be banned from their site including the moderator for being idiots! Maybe someone that does use a Whites should go on there and tell them they have lost several individuals just because of this one incident and it is out that the Whites site is biased unlike the other sites out there. That should get some "feedback"

Don

Yeah as I told them on the White Forum the Vision was just a video game on a stick. HA. We don't run folks off here because they mention another detector or own other machines. If that was the case most of us would have to take a hike, including me. I don't understand that crap but it exists.

Bill

I have to say that the moderators on the forums I frequent here seem to do an excellent job and don't seem at all heavy handed about pulling posts.

Of course Bill Revis is a big Garrett fan, but he won't hesitate to point out something less than positive about a Garrett product if that's how he feels.

I don't own a White's product and have no plans to do so therefore I seldom go on those forums.

But if what's being said here is true, I can't help but wonder: are the people moderating over there moderators or Sweet Home :whites:shills?

and that is an E-Trac.
Sorry ... but Garrett is no longer in the race.
And if all you think there is to a V3 is the color screen then you know nothing about that detector.
Anyone with the money can buy a detector but it is too bad that dont include the skill and knowledge to properly use it.

I own two Garrett detectors currently, 5 Minelabs, and no White's.
Had a 1350 and a 2500 and neither with their outdated technology can come close to the E-Track or the V3.
Not in depth nor in features.
Did anyone really believe that post about their 2500 ID'ing silver coins at 30" ... lol!

Just my humble opinion so take it for what it is worth.
Garrett makes a good detector ... not the best.
However, the new Garrett pinpointer IS the best one out there.

About someone inserting words into your posting ... a lawsuit would certainly get their attention and it really dont cost much to file one.
I doubt the owner of this site knows that is going on as that is a serious breach of conduct.

Willee

The issue here is not the brand of detector. The issue is the moderators who think they can just do as they please, like they are the ultimate authority. There was no brand bashing by the poster! It was a good post and the person was excited about his finds and decided to share it with everyone. Can you believe the nerve of someone to take a post and remove certain parts of it or change it!! That mod would have more credibility if he had just deleted it completey.

I am not attempting to discredit a White by implying it's junk nor that it is worthless. I am only saying that if these White owners want to come accross as "cool" or as "Superior" as this moderator was coming across then I do not want one and should not have spend the money on one. I have seen an E-Trac in action and was impressed in it's depth. The Vision is a very interesting and complicated machine to run but I have only had a month and a half with it. With my little experience with it, I cannot justify taking that machine to a site that has the potential of the one I was at. I am very efficent with my 2500; there are not many pointless holes dug. I am confident that it goes plenty deep and it will get to the point, literally. I do not want an arguement, I just do not believe that people should be treated the way I was, period.

Don't let it get to you. This forum should be pure enjoyment. Why would anybody come here for an angry confrontation? A while back we had a guy on this board recruiting new members for his own treasure hunting site. I got pretty miffed because he was adding a lot of negativity to a place I really enjoy.

You're welcome here. All we demand is that you post pictures of some of your hunts.

Chris

If mentioning brands on a forum I would be thrown off. I own 12 detectors(yes 12) 3 Garretts and five other brands. .....Jack

Jack Go to White's MDing forum and make a thread about anyother brand of detector you will off the forum in no time flat. I didn't mention any brand in the thread but my profile says "v3, GTI and GTP" now before it just said GTI AND GTP never updated it after purchasing V3. Or after selling MXT.

bigealive said:
I am not attempting to discredit a White by implying it's junk nor that it is worthless. I am only saying that if these White owners want to come accross as "cool" or as "Superior" as this moderator was coming across then I do not want one and should not have spend the money on one. I have seen an E-Trac in action and was impressed in it's depth. The Vision is a very interesting and complicated machine to run but I have only had a month and a half with it. With my little experience with it, I cannot justify taking that machine to a site that has the potential of the one I was at. I am very efficent with my 2500; there are not many pointless holes dug. I am confident that it goes plenty deep and it will get to the point, literally. I do not want an arguement, I just do not believe that people should be treated the way I was, period.

And I totally agree with you.
Everyone has an opinion, likes, and dislikes.
It is OK to profess that one detector is better than any other ... if it is done in a respectful way.
Argument is sometimes fun and sometimes educational ... it should never be hurtful or mean.

I can understand a group that favors one brand of detector wanting to have their own gathering place.
Kinda like a special club or fraternity or something.
They should not have booted you out just because you did not own one of the worshiped machines (but you did).
They should have let you hang around just to have someone to haggle with.

Truth is that the fun and excitement is in hunting and finding old, rare, and sometimes valuable treasures buried in the dirt.
It is like opening a birthday gift every time you dig a target.

Willee