Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Get your act together Garrett

Nauti

When I lived by the coast I used a whites beachhunter and a Garrett seahunter.....both great machines.I am now due to move back to the coast so I have been gearing up for some beach hunting again and have purchased another seahunter.
The seahunter is almost a legendary detector....built like a tank and possessing excellent performance.Why on earth does Garrett continue to supply this machine with what is possibly the worse shaft ever to grace a detector.I thought after the amount of feedback this shaft has created Garrett would have stepped up to the mark and started to supply a shaft that doesn't wobble like a jelly in an earthquake.....it's a disgrace.Come on Garrett......give this machine a shaft that is worthy of its status instead of the appalling shaft that you continue to produce.....I don't expect to have to modify a detector after spending good money on it......ridiculous.

Seems like that most are getting like that. I agree you shouldn't have to buy a new shaft when new. I did with a new nox, shaft was so,so, and flimsy.

I forwarded your issue to Garrett. They appreciate feedback, both good and bad.
Oh ok John.....it's just a bit disappointing when they produce such a good machine and let it down with something that can be easily rectified.All they need to do is increase the diameter of the plastic joints and bottom shaft.As it is it's virtually unuseable.
Thanks again for your time.

When I bought my Infinum, I thought there as a part missing with the shaft. Same thing. Bad as it is, beats what they put on the ATX. As for the Infinum itself, it's helped make a so so hunter (me) know I have a good chance of scoring. So they discontinued it. Go figure.

I was interested in the infinium and disappointed when it was discontinued.However,I know the seahunter doesn't miss much so I'm happy to stick with it.....apart from the shaft it's a great machine.Are you saying the atx has a bad shaft too....I can't believe a company like Garrett sells their machines with such poor components.I've just modified my shaft using aluminium sleeves that slot over the joints.....no wobble at all now and no damage,such as drilling extra holes etc,but I shouldn't have had to do it in the first place.

The ATX is just too heavy, at least for an old guy like me, use it for 20 min, enjoy 2 days of solid pain, solid it back on Ebay. Waiting for the new Fisher Impulse (AU) to be released in 2021

The Fisher sounds interesting.C scope over here in the UK do a really good pi machine that is really lightweight and cheap...trouble is the control box isn't waterproof which makes it a no no for me.