Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting a bit discouraged

Smooth23

I recently moved to Missouri. Also bought an etrac about a month ago. Found a few silver rings with it and a buncha clad. Nothing old though, cept a couple wheaties. In fact, I can't find anything old in this state. Don't know if it's just the public property is completely picked over, or its just not that old(more likely). I've been able to pluck up some clad. Don't know what the point of my rant is.. I'm just wishing I could find something old. Was living in michigan.. had all my old parks to hunt, plenty of places with permission. So far here the places I've got permission haven't panned out. Also, other detectorists seem really territorial around here. They'll talk and pretend to be nice, but noone seems to want to go out and dig the goods together. Anyhow, I'll end my little rant here, thanks for reading.

I feel for you
When I started detecting and joined a MD club, I expected there would be some help and direction
That did not really happen and now when new members join, I try to take them out and share some
thoughts and experiences to assist their success in detecting
After I started getting good hits, there were experienced MD's that wanted to go out with me to my spots
and they never seemed to want to share their spots
To be fair, once some saw my passion at detecting I was invited out to their spots too
So give yourself some time and consider joining a MD club and certainly reach out on the forum because
there has to be others in your area detecting who can help
There's also road trips

Good Luck and HH

Hang in there. There's a lot of history in your state. I hope things turn around for you....and feel free to rant on here anytime.

NebTrac

Youll do fine. Find some great spots and go hunt them. I get lots of guys wanting to hunt with me but I try very hard to be alone...its my decompresion time and I dont want to share that with many folks...I like the solitude of it. But there are a few really nice guys that ive met that understand me and will hunt with me my way, MY way...do your thing others will follow or get out of the way and true friends will develop.

It might take a little time, fortunately my club, Dayton Diggers was very welcoming to me, glad to give me a lot of tips and pointers. As for being invited out to hunt that takes a bit more time. The best way to get together is finding a spot that seems promising and invite a couple of your clubmates to join you. That way you are showing them you are willing to share promising spots. Many detectorist do a lot of work researching and getting permission to hunt so sometimes they are little reluctant to invite newcomers to their spots. Saying this I have found in general MD'ers are an open and helpful group of people.

Yes, I hear you! I was told when I started detecting that I would not find very much.....and still hear that kind of thing. Then, when I tell them what ive found.....they cant believe it but take on a new way of thinking. Treasure is where people go....and you think of just that....and you will find things.

Try to think of places that people would lose things....think! and ye shall find! I started out with a prizm II and now Im using Etrac & v3i almost exclusively. Give it a go and take your time! Dont be in a rush or you Will miss things. Go slow and listen. It will happen if you follow those rules.

Heres a pic from last year.....now almost 9000 coins and 2 trays of jewelry, relics and some collectables. All in about a 10 mile radius... the majority in a 2 mile radius. I cant wait to travel more and find some REALLY good stuff!

Come here and I will take you anyplace I go! Good luck to you!

Hey Smooth,
I am still up for a hunt sometime. I am working 6 days a week right now and I don't feel like going too far from home on my Sunday off. We will have to get together sometime and dig up some goodies. Once I am back to my old work schedule of 24 hours a week with 2 days a week off, I will be able to travel down that way or we can go to some other town. Dont get discouraged.

G2M