Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

getting a new compadre

macattie88

hello...new to the forum but not detecting...i got out of detecting a few years ago and now i've got the fever again:clapping: anyway i did some searching and found nothing but praise for the compadre....was going to spend alot more but for what i like to hunt im glad i found this forum(saved me some cash)anyway love the forum and glad to be here,there is alot of good advice to be found.

I here nothing but good stuff about the little bugger.......
Thinking about getting one just to carry in the trunk of my vehicle.

You will find the compadre a great detector . the only reason i sold mine was so i would have the money to get my current golden umax i found my 1st silver coin whith it and an 1898 nickle and it pinponts like a sniper and i have heard you can get inside it and turn the sensitivity up someday i hope to get one back i wish it had a sensitivity knob and a ground balance

Welcome back to detecting.
Compadre is a lot of bang for the buck. Can tell a lot about the target by thumbing the discriminator to see where it starts to fade out.
Not my choice for all outings but I have had a lot of fun every time I have been out with the Compadre.
Enjoy!
tvr

Ya done good and welcome back Mac! You will love the little feller and have a ball with it , I promise! Over a bunch of years I have amassed more detectors than I want to admit to and there are some pretty choice ones in the bunch. Even a couple of high dollar ones which I probably coul'da done without, but whenever I hunt and whatever machine(s) I have on hand you can be sure the Compadre is either close by, or sacked up and over my shoulder, for whenever needed in those trashy spots or just for some super lightweight fun with a machine that I know can run with the big boys , and sometimes even out run-em! It is a sweet machine! H H Charlie S.Ms.

I have the Compadre, now a new Vision, and a hand full in between. I have no intention at all of letting my Compadre go. It's affordable, simplistic, light, and well built. Each time I use it, it's kind of fun that such a machine can do as well as it does. I had passed up the Compadre because it didn't look right. Seem like it would be a handicap, but then I read reviews etc. which caught my attention. That's all it took - well now - no regrets.
Oh, it just works and works well. Better than I would have imagined. The simplicity and effectiveness - a fun machine every time - I'll keep it.