Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting much more comfortable with the 900

DaveNV

Visiting Utah‘s capitol for a few days. Always love coming here because of cooler weather and older areas for detecting. Perfect for getting more experience with the 900. Pictured is three days of finds. I know that there are lots of fellow detectorists in this city, so I am gratified by what I found, because finding virgin ground is difficult. The 900 was ringing out, loud and clear for the three wheaties, down to 6-7”. While the soil wasn’t as dry as in the Las Vegas area, it is still on the dryer side. One of the things I really love about this detector, compared with the 800 is its pinpointing. I seldom use the pinpointing function, but rely on just criss-crossing the target with the coil. It is very accurate.
Although I didn’t expect to find silver coins, seeing the depth of the wheaties gave me hope. But no success; I had to be satisfied with this nice silver ring. I am very curious about the “blob” of metal behind it. When I first dug it, I thought it was a glob of lead and I almost threw it away. After washing it off a bit, I see yellow showing thru. Now, I’m wondering if it might be…please!…a piece of melted gold. It’s not brass or copper, but very heavy. I’ll have to test it when I get back home.
Anyway, the 900 is a keeper!

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 84
Those are some great finds, I have had my Nox 900, for about 6 weeks and I really like it. I have used Explorers and the E-Trac in the past, so I am pretty comfortable with the Nox.

I have about 20 hours on the 900, and have mainly been using Park 1 and Park 2, which program are you using the most.

That’s a great 3 day haul!

Nice finds its a great machine.
Mark

Visiting Utah‘s capitol for a few days. Always love coming here because of cooler weather and older areas for detecting. Perfect for getting more experience with the 900. Pictured is three days of finds. I know that there are lots of fellow detectorists in this city, so I am gratified by what I found, because finding virgin ground is difficult. The 900 was ringing out, loud and clear for the three wheaties, down to 6-7”. While the soil wasn’t as dry as in the Las Vegas area, it is still on the dryer side. One of the things I really love about this detector, compared with the 800 is its pinpointing. I seldom use the pinpointing function, but rely on just criss-crossing the target with the coil. It is very accurate.
Although I didn’t expect to find silver coins, seeing the depth of the wheaties gave me hope. But no success; I had to be satisfied with this nice silver ring. I am very curious about the “blob” of metal behind it. When I first dug it, I thought it was a glob of lead and I almost threw it away. After washing it off a bit, I see yellow showing thru. Now, I’m wondering if it might be…please!…a piece of melted gold. It’s not brass or copper, but very heavy. I’ll have to test it when I get back home.
Anyway, the 900 is a keeper!
Here's a recent nugget I found at the beach. It was brown when I found it but heavy for its size. Took a wire brush to it and look how it came out. Hasn't changed color in a few months. Will be tested today. Sure looks like the real thing. I just cant figure how it got there. We're not in gold nugget area. Thinking it may come from a crematorium. However, I had an uncle who was an undertaker. He said they pulled all the gold teeth before burying. So how did this get in the ocean ????

Hope yours turns out to be the real thing.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Attachments

• IMG_5216.jpg
    IMG_5216.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5215.jpg
    IMG_5215.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 68
Here's a recent nugget I found at the beach. It was brown when I found it but heavy for its size. Took a wire brush to it and look how it came out. Hasn't changed color in a few months. Will be tested today. Sure looks like the real thing. I just cant figure how it got there. We're not in gold nugget area. Thinking it may come from a crematorium. However, I had an uncle who was an undertaker. He said they pulled all the gold teeth before burying. So how did this get in the ocean ????

Hope yours turns out to be the real thing.

HH
Donna(NJ)
I think what I found might be something melted in a fire. Here’s hoping it valuable.

Those are some great finds, I have had my Nox 900, for about 6 weeks and I really like it. I have used Explorers and the E-Trac in the past, so I am pretty comfortable with the Nox.

I have about 20 hours on the 900, and have mainly been using Park 1 and Park 2, which program are you using the most.
I use Park 2.