Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting New V3i w/ ???

widebody

[size=large]New deal in the works so thought i'd ask about the video dvd that comes with it. Is it better than the previuos owners manual/dvd than the past ones? I know i'll still trowl hthe forum for the minds of you all but just wondered how you rate the dvd?

HH[/size]

I never looked at it.

I'm not much of a video guy either but if you are, there are 10 videos on the V3i on the White's site, click on videos... http://whiteselectronics.com/v3i.html

[size=large]i do count my time with the xlt as a good learning machine and sure helps in understanding the terms used in the vids. Thanks for the reply. And thanks to Chuck @ Indian Nation for forulating a better deal with a brand spanking new machine.

HH[/size]

[size=x-large]Congrads!![/size]

Hope we can offer some help.

The instructional video is very good....gives you a lot of information about the machine and what/how to do it. It is good? ....yes.....Could it be better?....Yes

Only time in the field will allow you to know everything about this detector.

[size=large]haven't been this giddy since i bought my last truck. James since ur up here in the N.W. do you change ur filter choices alot. that is the ground mineral balance should be pretty close to the same and one of the vids on the whites site mentions how the filter is chosen. Care to comment anyone?

HH[/size]

I say.....Soil is your key most important factor in regards to this....and other aspects as well. I have changed the filter settings at times.....sometimes it helps ....most of the time ....it does not.

The above people spend lots of time on the setting issues, as well as Whites engineers. They came up with these settings...which for the most part....works best. There are exceptions but then again....it all depends on your soil, iron, mineral content and general rocks etc etc.

Good luck to you! the V3i is lots of fun and can be used in many ways to find those goodies.

Hello to Kelso!

[size=large]i am going to sell one whites gun style padded case and one minelab padded case. my question is will the V3i fit in the whites padded case. i have two and am keeping one for the new machine but will sell it if it's not going to fit. and in that vein does whites have a case for the V3 series?

HH[/size]

widebody said:
[size=large]i am going to sell one whites gun style padded case and one minelab padded case. my question is will the V3i fit in the whites padded case. i have two and am keeping one for the new machine but will sell it if it's not going to fit. and in that vein does whites have a case for the V3 series?

HH[/size]
Come on down to Portland and we can test it out!

I don't use the Whites case as the current one doesn't have an long arm strap for carrying and looks too much like a gun case and I don't want someone thinking, 'there's a guy at the park with a gun".

I can put any detector in a minelab case. Whites is supposed to have a new case out sometime in the future. I think the v3i will fit into Whites case with some "adjusting", but maybe Larry or Rob would know more about that.

[size=large]about the only places around this area to stretch the machine is going to be Portland. Have to wonder if much is left by mding oregon fella.he seems to hit most of the parks and schools there. I'm with ya on the looking like a gun issue. Crooks will break into your car for less.will need help for sure. Was watching vids from whites and still don't understand rx gain. Just one of many questions i know i will get answered here. Another is off-set the ground-balance pos/ neg. I got along just fine not fiddling with the settings on my xlt. Since I'll be down to just the V3i and my ATPro I'll be taking the time to really learn it this time. Had too many machines to learn before. Vast amount of in-put to absorb. Confused myself.

HH[/size]

widebody said:
[size=large]about the only places around this area to stretch the machine is going to be Portland. Have to wonder if much is left by mding oregon fella.he seems to hit most of the parks and schools there. I'm with ya on the looking like a gun issue. Crooks will break into your car for less.will need help for sure. Was watching vids from whites and still don't understand rx gain. Just one of many questions i know i will get answered here. Another is off-set the ground-balance pos/ neg. I got along just fine not fiddling with the settings on my xlt. Since I'll be down to just the V3i and my ATPro I'll be taking the time to really learn it this time. Had too many machines to learn before. Vast amount of in-put to absorb. Confused myself.

HH[/size]

There is lots of stuff everyplace...some more than others but I find things everywhere I go....Im sure you will too! The XLT is a great machine but no match for the v3i. I would not change maybe anything except maybe for all metal tone....for about 3-6 months. Just have fun and learn bit by bit.

Come down when your ready.

Read my, " hunting in Mineralized Ground", in my links at the top of the forum.

An XLT, MXT, DFX and V3I all take up the same space in the case.

[size=large]Rob, was up real early and was poking around and found your links. will be in and out of them quite often it looks like.
i was watching a vid on you tube and the guy said something about using only whites headsets. soooooooo my next question is, i can still use my gray ghost with the v3i , right? was also wondering how heavy are the remote set for the v3i? not sure if i really want to bother with them. the gg are just perfect.
only time i've been skunked was hunting Pier Park last summer. not one coin or treasure. i count not being skunked when i find even a zinc penny. the park was drowning in fill dirt. i feel i'm 20-30 yrs. late for the good treasure hunts. i found my 1st liberty quarter when i was 12. they filled in the lake i found it in since then.it seems all the good spots are paved over and the lakes are being filled with dirt.
now that found Rob's links i'll having less questions probly. i did want to make mention. it was explained what rx gain and such is but i also found out that ac sensitivety was the same thing. correct? it's all in the terms used. i'm very electrically challanged. especially when it comes to phrases. that link was very helpful there. thanks Rob.

HH [/size]

Wired headphones work fine but I do prefer the wireless on the V3i. Take any YouTube video with a grain of salt.... anyone can post a video whether they know what they are doing or not. I would stick to the videos endorsed by White's, you know the content is accurate.

Larry (IL) said:
Wired headphones work fine but I do prefer the wireless on the V3i..

Yes, I agree....I have recommended the V3i headphones to lots of people.....not one has not liked them. They work like a charm.

Yes wired sets are fine. No problem at all and if you like the sound that is what counts. With the V3i you have 191 tones to play with to accommodate your hearing needs.

Don't start making program changes until you know you are making the change. You will be happy wit the stock programs. I started with the Hi Pro.

[size=large]Rob, was that cause you knew what you was doing? i have no idea of what HI-PRO is or does. do you have a vid for that? my main desire as for sounds is higher for the silver and alittle lower for the mid range. i saw in one of whites vids that was covered but i didn't get it all and have nothing on hi-pro as yet. i do plan to start in relic with pre-programed everything and where i understand what a change will do for me then i may change it. i really haven't cared for some of the tones or sound in some of the vids so looking forward to changing those things. just sold my last contact with my xlt. gunna miss the ol' boy. :cry: just gunna have to suffer til the V3i arrives. :sadwalk:

HH[/size]

You can set any VDI to any tone you want including zero tone. You listen for a good repeatable tone before you ever look at the screen.