Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting Out of the Dog House....

William-NM

... I finally took a few pics of some recent finds, but first, a quick update on some Civil War finds from my last posts. It pays to read the Garrett newsletters! On page 22 or 23 of the last issue (not the one that just came out), someone had found an item that I hadn't yet been able to ID. It turns out to be a hat pin known by a number of different names, i.e. Jeff Davis Hat Pin: Federal enlisted man

Goodness gracious! What an array of wonderful and varied finds. That is some terrific digging you been doing. :thumbup: WOW! HH jim tn

Well.....it should take me atleast 5 years to catch up with you with all those relics.....Excellent hunt by the way. You found something from just about every category possible. I always enjoy opening up your posts. Keep those great digs coming!:thumbup:

Utterly outstanding as usual Tigger and William, I would've liked to munch on some "Jolly Time Volumized Popcorn" while reading your awesome post:bouncy: And the creek shot looks very peaceful, just the place to take a digging break and water the jackalope too!!

Really great finds, as usual!

aj

How wonderful! Almost makes me want to move the to west. For now I'll just stay east and hunt the waters of New England.

The bit on the carbide was most interesting to me as I rented a turn of the century (1900s) country house in Canton, CT. 72 acrers, in ground swimming pool, 7 artisan wells, ice house, trout stream, AND the remnants of the carbide lighting system. The outside canister was long gone but the piping and a couple of the light fixtures were still in the house. The basement floor was still dirt. I really was not into detecting as I am today and was really too busy building a new home. But what little detecting I did on the property was very enjoyable. However I probably recycled many items you would have in your collection. I also left some civil war relics around Manassas, VA in my first year metal detecting...One man's trash is another's treasure. I have learned so much from the hobby of metal detecting...it is wonderful.

Thanks for showing your massive collection I really enjoyed searching many of the photos.

Another interesting post Sir William! Great job of educating us! New Mexico really is an enchanting place. I spent some time back in the day clearing a bombing range near Los Lunas. Was supposed to be looking for bombs but spent a lot of time looking for rattlers, petrified sea shells and petrified wood. Amazing country. Our search didn't involve metal detectors at that time, just 5 6x6's lined up about 20 feet apart with a man sitting on the hood of each one.

A great variety of finds. Congrats ! Thanks for posting.

WOW, That's a lot of neat stuff! Not sure if my old back and knees could handle all that bending and stooping, lol.
How did you find the marbles, if I may ask? They don't have metal in them, do they?

Holy Molly! :clapping: What an assortment of great finds and a history lesson too! You got a few items there that are my bucket list of finds.
Keep up the great posts.
HH - Bruce

Thanks, guys!
John - No need to catch up - You're our "ring master" and I'm expecting at least one fat nugget (or a few slim ones) from your summer adventures- that will put you well ahead of my collection of curios. :cheers:
dgruff: You mean your AT doesn't have the 'marble' setting?? Better send it back for an upgrade! But seriously, my territory is comprised of ground up bottles and rotten iron bits for the most part. When I've finished drying my eyes over the smashed bits of some interesting bottle, I get to work with the transplanting (long) shovel and see if there aren't a few whole ones hiding out in the dirt. In the process, I find a few antique marbles (about 400 over the last year), which always puts a smile on my (sweaty, dirty) face. :goodnight:

Your posts are true works of art...:please: educational, funny, great pics, and wonderful to read... We know it took you a lot of effort to not only find this stuff, but to prep it, photo it, write script, and post it here for our enjoyment as fans of the William-NM and Tigger team!!:please:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Your posts are true works of art...:please: educational, funny, great pics, and wonderful to read... We know it took you a lot of effort to not only find this stuff, but to prep it, photo it, write script, and post it here for our enjoyment as fans of the William-NM and Tigger team!!:please:
Mud
+ 1 :clapping:
What else can be added?
William, always a great show.
For when that museum?
Senda

Thanks, Mud & Senda! Most people just walk on the dirt - we are the lucky ones who get to see into it! :thumbup:

William-NM said:
... I finally took a few pics of some recent finds, but first, a quick update on some Civil War finds from my last posts. It pays to read the Garrett newsletters! On page 22 or 23 of the last issue (not the one that just came out), someone had found an item that I hadn't yet been able to ID. It turns out to be a hat pin known by a number of different names, i.e. Jeff Davis Hat Pin: Federal enlisted man