Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting ready to buy a 800

7centsworth

Going to buy a 800 in the next few weeks. As son as I can seek the rest of my Xterra coils. What do I need to know?i mainly hunt civil war relics but do coin hunt occasionally also. I super excited and nervous at the same time. I have been using xterras for years and really know them like the back of my hand. I haven’t had to learn a new machine in a long time.

Welcome to the the land of NOX. I like to hunt in field 2 with a slower recover (3-5) and just go slow.There are some good books on the Equinnox by Andy Sabisch and Clive Clynick and of course all the great folks on this forum.

Thanks. I believe I will learn a lot from y’all. I will probably get a book too though.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube, if you start watching them now you can look learn the controls before you even put your hands on the machine.
I have two 800s, I hope to post one for sale soon, it's never been used on a hunt. Just assembled and checked out in the test garden. I bought it for a backup but have decided to use my whites mxt if it's needed.
I think you will love the equinox, the only problem I have is it loves old square nails.

I too have a whites mxt and an equinox
I really loved hunting with my mxt but I haven't used it in years.
I got carried away and bought a second equinox. I really like it except for the cheap construction. I'm taking a chance by selling my second equinox because I do water hunting when I get a chance and several have had theirs leak.

I got carried away and bought a second equinox. I really like it except for the cheap construction. I'm taking a chance by selling my second equinox because I do water hunting when I get a chance and several have had theirs leak.
How much warranty does the one your selling have?

I just bought my mxt pro about a month ago. Took batteries out and it’s a closet queen. Hopefully my wife will take up metal detecting which I will use mxt and she can use equinox due to being lighter.
Used to have an m6 which is an mxt stuck in c/j mode

I sent my 600 in for leakage, would not power off and it would run the battery dead. backscreen discolored looked to be water damage. They sent email, same day they received unit. no water ingress found, unit will not power up even with new battery, sending you new unit 600 with new updates installed..sending back same day as they checked it. wow, that's good service, new unit on the way, fast turnaround. I commend them on service. not sure to dip new unit before warranty runs out or use above water..undecided. Happy Hunting.

it’s a great machine I’ve found over 225 silvers this yea alone and 3 gold rings and a ton of clad !!!
Mark

its a good machine but you may want keep your expectations in check... coming from a great machine that you have mastered to a new different animal like the nox can be frustrating especially with the wide variety of ways the nox can be set up it’s easy to get lost in the menus.. give it time,you’ll be fine...

Yeah I remember when I got my first xterra a hated it for a couple weeks. Then I started hearing its language and my detecting finds went way up.

My expectations were way up there when I bought mine and the 800 way surpassed them. And that was just using Park 1 default settings with the horseshoe on, for some reason I like to hear everything that’s in the ground. Good luck and happy hunting!

Since you are already familiar with the X-Terra you will at least understand the symbols for the buttons faster and will be used to the audio and the -9 to +40 ID range which are all very similar. Some folks coming from detectors with lettered labeling, VCO type audio and a bigger ID range had a hard time getting adjusted. The Nox has even more features than the 70 or 705 and has a lot faster recovery speed and target separation. It hits small low and mid conductors really hard and is deceptively deep. It handles mineralization really well and has very good numerical target ID accuracy once you get familiar with it.
Have fun!
Jeff

I went ahead and put mine underwater as I was tired of worrying about it leaking or not. No leaks!