Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting the Hang of the V3i .........

Elton

Learning fast the settings........... Sens, Pre-Amp Gain ( Important) for depth ........... and Filters , Filter changes require close watch of where your swinging for sure. Speed of swing comes into play too...

I'm not having EMI Issues ..and seem to be getting good depth just setting preset modes with a few changes to pre-amp, Filter settings and some preference settings to tone etc...I also changed the recovery delay to 40's.

And will soon have my recovery number figured out.. too just where I want it.... All the sugar coating settings I have not messed with.......I do like the VCO for pinpoint....I don't think it will ever be a depth demon but for all I want it will be more than good... Fun to operate too...... Screen is awesome, and I do mean awesome...........7, 8 inches on a dime is respectable to me and it does that with ease...

I am using the 10" D2 and starting to like it.............I experienced a small iron field and rusty caps area.........A little adjustment of bottle cap Reject ( Another name for iron/alloy metal reject) took care of that with little effect on the depth.

I also learned the Auto GB in the first few seconds (20 sec) after turn on after program choice works great. It shows fast tracking right on the screen and is dead on in clean areas. Or I can bob it till it stabilizes..

I am very impressed with the depth readings of "COIN" size finds. Near perfect to about 7".......... I do believe a 950 coil would be even better on pinpointing. Aluminum caps rejection and a few other things.

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself Elton! Try backing off the target until it goes silent then short swings (wiggle) until it just sounds off right at the tip of the coil and there's your target.

Recovery of 40 is pretty fast and great in the trash but in clean ground, I like it around 100. It give the V more time to analyze the deep targets. I might suggest giving that a try Elton.

I'm thinking I will get more depth as I learn more about this Pretty remarkable detector.. I must say it is fun to operate....... and one can adjust everything as you get better..yet like you told me in an earlier post. You do not need to Master it for some good results.

One thing I did notice and this is not really to criticize. The manual on how too isn't really a how too read.. It highlights more than it tells you how to use each setting....

Is there any material published that actually works you through any of the possibilities as you learn the machine ?????????? .........

I think I read a lot of people pinpoint off the toe, or heal on the Minelabs too. ( Explorers)....and I know I did with the F75 Fishers..

Sorry to say, no. The closest we have to an instruction book is Rob's Link's at the top of the forum. :shrug:

n/t

Ah yes, the lost art of reading. I think it would have to be a video book. I don't think I want to spend the money for a camera and editing software. :unsure:

Of course you won't make any money..But you would be famous.........:devil:

This only works if you know the ground is pretty clean you are detecting. MANUAL IS MUCH BETTER and is the way one should GB the V3i.. I am only saying if ground is clean and you have your settings in the machine. " say after taking a break" .Then the FAST TRACK ACTUALLY DOES WORK PRETTY WELL for going back to detecting..............I have also found you should do a manual GB during your hunt too.
And lock the Gb if necessary. Tracking sometimes does not catch up in bad ground, or maybe a better word would be changing ground..

I made it sound like fast tracking was the way to go...NO My poor communication skills made it sound like that..

I would love to have a video book. I will send you the camera to use and edit the video for you Rob.....;o)

E,

Do you have the advanced users guide?

The advanced users guide it's in the links at the top. Also the VX3 manual does a nice explaination.

Which settings are important and what each setting changes is what you need to know.

Thanks Bill but I'm not much of a borrower. The software is what is important, a camera is easy to borrow. Thanks anyway.

I think Lightstryder sent me a copy.. ???????????????????????????