Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting The Right Advice..!

I find that interesting. The 800 keeping up with a CTX. I could never justify that kind of money for a detector.
As far as raw performance i didn't see any difference between the two.
I do miss the GPS, all the customizable programs, the cord inside the shaft and the way the shaft retracted.
What i like about the equinox is the adjustable audio volume and the ability to adjust the tones.
One problem I do have with the equinox that I didn't have nearly as much with the CTX is digging rusty, crusted over square nails. They can sound really sweet at 8 to 10 inches.
But yes, in my opinion it keeps up or surpasses it in performance.

I have the Equinox 600 and yes...Those deep square nails can cause trouble. You have to dig them as it could be an old coin on edge.

I have the Equinox 600 and yes...Those deep square nails can cause trouble. You have to dig them as it could be an old coin on edge.
A coin on edge or a deeper coin.
In my test garden the 10 to 11 inch coins only sound like a nonferrous at a certain point in a circular pattern.
The thing about the crusted over square nails is that they sound completely nonferrous (some of them) just like the deeper coins ( at a certain point in the circular pattern). Thank goodness I hunt mainly farm fields where its easy to dig.

Deep nails are hard for me to tell from a coin so far. Only had the 600 a little over a week. I am not seeing a depth advantage over my 2 other main machines either. ID is real good on targets not real deep though.

Deep nails are hard for me to tell from a coin so far. Only had the 600 a little over a week. I am not seeing a depth advantage over my 2 other main machines either. ID is real good on targets not real deep though.
What do you have that is deeper than the equinox. I don't have the 600 but from everything I've seen there isn't any difference between it and the 800.

What do you have that is deeper than the equinox. I don't have the 600 but from everything I've seen there isn't any difference between it and the 800.
So far from testing and learning. My Multi Kruzer with the Anfibio coil is deeper. My F75ltd is close and I will have to do tests on deep targets to see what one wins. Close on them I think. In boost, the F75 probably will. I also have a T2+ that is about the same as the F75. My 600 came new with the new 4khz update already installed.

Last edited:
So far from testing and learning. My Multi Kruzer with the Anfibio coil is deeper. My F75ltd is close and I will have to do tests on deep targets to see what one wins. Close on them I think. In boost, the F75 probably will. I also have a T2+ that is about the same as the F75. My 600 came new with the new 4khz update already installed.
I had an F75LDT and really liked that machine.
I just like the adjustable tones on the Equinox and it's water proof so I let the F75 go. I tested my F75 and CTX against the equinox and they were all about the same as far as depth.
So I unload everything except my equinox and Whites MXT.

I had an F75LDT and really liked that machine.
I just like the adjustable tones on the Equinox and it's water proof so I let the F75 go. I tested my F75 and CTX against the equinox and they were all about the same as far as depth.
So I unload everything except my equinox and Whites MXT.
The 600 is fum to use and waterproof is great. I will master it and I live 90 miles from the beach and will probably keep it for that and if I get any bad ground to hunt.