Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

getting very tired of 4.1

martygene

Ever since i updated to 4.1 i keep getting "coil not found" while I'm out detecting. Sometimes numerous times. Sometimes it reconnects pretty quickly and other times not. Yesterday it took 20 minuets to get it back while out detecting far from the car. I updated twice using the "official" XP site and it still keeps happening. I asked this question on the XP forum and then my post was gone!!! I guess they don't like hearing about anything being a problem. But whatever, this is getting pretty tiring. I thought 4.1 was supposed to fix the MI6 connection problem and now i have this problem too. I tried to down grade to 4.0 but we can't. it's either 2.0 or 3.2 not 4.0 and i did try using the MI6 again but it still does it's messed up thing of not releasing itself so that I can't get back to the detecting screen. It's getting to the point that I can't trust it and that's not a good feeling.

Well that stinks I thought of updating mine to 4.1 but Ihave had no problems with so I’ll stick with it.
The only problem I’ve had was when my coil battery was low it would not connect

4.1 is fine, thousands of downloads so far with very few problems.
There may be other issues causing your connectivity problems, as suggested to you on another forum please contact your reseller to get your machine checked, they can then help fix the problem and get you up and running again.

I have a Deus 3.2 version that is almost out of warranty. I had a small issue with the display so I sent it in for repair. The company repaired it no cost but indicated that since the unit and coil were almost 5 years old, that replacing the batteries is something to consider. I replaced both batteries ($50 a pop for a total of $100) and it now works like new. Display is perfect. I like V 3.2 and don't think I am going for any of the HF coils so I am sticking to that version. Seems to be working fine and dandy for me.

Not sure if the coil battery is starting to go and not holding a proper charge.

Could also be 4.1 did not load properly ?

If still under warranty I would send it in.

Do not want to name the place, but it's located in MA. They did a great job.

MG, what coils do you use. I"m still using 4.0 and have had some terrible problems with the LF coils, but not the HFs which is what I primarily use now. Coincidence? Maybe. But the point is switching back to 4.0 probably woulud not have helped anyway. The foundational problem seems to be the MI6 itself. Did we have this problem before its introduction? Now I'm having a problem with it not taking a charge. Will have to address this today. Try using a different PP and keep us posted.

I just sent my HF coil back for the same exact reason keep in mind that 4.1 works fine with the LF coil so I think that it must be a fault with the HF coil and not the 4.1 as I had the same problem with 4.0 and HF coil combo. I will let you know what comes of it.

The problem I am having is with the 9" LF coil. I haven't run the 11" LF coil long enough for me to tell if the problem happens with that one as well or not.
Gary: i did not get any reply from the XP forum, only having my post deleted.

Martygene,I think your old post is near the top of page 2 . I think that is the one I remember of reading of problems with 4.1 for tbe 1st time. Maybe some units are still a little glichey with the MI6. Have you tried going out without and using a standby pinpointer to see if it is your update is ok without the pinpointer. I have updated to 4.0 but haven't been out with it because weather is too unsettled. Sure hope I don't have coil drop out when I do get out.

all the disconnect problems were without the MI6. I just tried it on the last hunt just to see if it was any better then it was with 4.0... was not at all.

Listener said:
Martygene,I think your old post is near the top of page 2 . I think that is the one I remember of reading of problems with 4.1 for tbe 1st time. Maybe some units are still a little glichey with the MI6. Have you tried going out without and using a standby pinpointer to see if it is your update is ok without the pinpointer. I have updated to 4.0 but haven't been out with it because weather is too unsettled. Sure hope I don't have coil drop out when I do get out.

Sorry to hear that, I just noticed I stated that I had updated to 4.0 and meant 4.1. Got too many irons in the fire at the moment but may be able to get out sometime next week. If I encounter probs I will be back here. My help would be same as Andy's and recharge, reinstall 4.1 and be sure your coils are on the charger when u do. Good luck. Can't say HH if you're fiddling with reconnecting.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. When I heard whispers of an update for the Deus I watched everyone's excitement over it and was a little excited myself. Then the 4.0 BETA versions began popping up and it was a mess. After hearing some horror stories there was no way I was going to risk screwing up my perfectly working unit. I really wanted to try the MI6 so after everything calmed down and the official release of 4.0 was available, I downloaded it on 2 Deus remotes, 2 sets of headphones and 4 coils. I also had 2 of the MI6 pin pointers.
I have had absolutely zero issues with the 4.0 update and my pin pointers have always stayed paired and my coils stayed connected. The only issue that I have if you can even call it that is when turning off the remote it takes a good 20 seconds for the headphones to take over the operations but to tell the truth I think it may have done that with the 3.2 version I just don't remember.
I am sad that the 4.0 version is not available anymore as if I ever bought an older remote I would be forced to update to 4.1. I see many issues with this update and hope it gets cleared up for those affected.

4.1 is a definite improvement over 4.0. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen. Don't out think it.

Architex said:
4.1 is a definite improvement over 4.0. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen. Don't out think it.

Agreed thought long and hard before updating from 4.0 to 4.1 but have had absolutely no issues after the update . if you follow instructions now with this being said if those having issues are doing this with remotes and coils that are at the 5 yr mark maybe the loosing of the coil is due to Battery weakness just throwing that out there as I am no expert but seems like for the most part 95% have had good luck with the updates

jarid said:
I just sent my HF coil back for the same exact reason keep in mind that 4.1 works fine with the LF coil so I think that it must be a fault with the HF coil and not the 4.1 as I had the same problem with 4.0 and HF coil combo. I will let you know what comes of it.
just to update I sent my ellipse back for warranty work they sent me an email saying that they have shipped a replacement no questions asked

Just wanted let martygene know that I have received my replacement coil and it paired right up and seems to have corrected my issues. time will tell.

I really do feel for those that are having difficulties with v4.0 or v4.1. I bought my Deus from a friend that needed some cash. The Deus was on v3.2. As soon as I got it home, I upgraded to V4.0 because I read about the new MI-6 that was to come out and I WANTED that MI-6! As soon as the MI-6 came out, I bought it! V4.0 worked just fine and all stayed paired and I was completely satisfied. Then I started hearing of some having problems. Then came along v4.1 beta. I decided to wait until the official release of v4.1 came out and as soon as it did, I upgraded to v4.1. After around 80 hours with v4.1 I can say that I love it. I did loose connectivity with the coil one time but I can live with that. I just activated the pinpointer and then turned it right back off and connected right back with the coil. I actually have 2 MI-6's as I traded even for someone that wanted to trade. I keep the other as a stand alone with my other two detectors that I occasionally use. I occasionally use other detectors just to remind me of just how much I love my Deus. I am LOVING the Deus and the MI-6! Oh, I am a park/school hunter for coins and jewelry and where I hunt is super, super trashy. Now, having said all this, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, maybe, just maybe some of you didn't follow the instructions EXACTLY and maybe, just maybe some of the controls or coils need to be sent in for a checkup. I read a lot here and on other forums and this problem is not with all Deus's and I believe that IF it was a glitch in the software/hardware, this would affect all Deus's, not just a few. I really do feel for those having problems and can understand your frustrations, but I truly believe, the units need to be sent in for a checkup if you are having these problems.

James,

It is possible that a release could work for one person and not another depending on how each has his setting. I would suspect that the users that are having problems may just have a custom program that finds a flaw in the software.

The Deus has so many settings that it would be difficult for every combination to be tested. I would bet that the Deus testers mainly test the default programs.

It would be good if Deus had a way for us to send in are configuration at the time that the software had an issue like the coil disconnecting. Even your one disconnect is not right and should investigated. Even if run run a default program like "Hot" you can make temporary changes to the settings that could find a fault in the software. It would be good if when you lose connection with the coil or any problem for that matter, you could save the program as it is at that moment and then hook the remore up to your computer to send to XP to troubleshoot.

I was a mainframe programmer for over 30 years processing claims for insurance. Depending on the combination of data that was enter it could find new faults in the software. We got a copy of the actual claim that was causing the problem and used it to fix the software. Of course when you fix one thing it's easy to break another.

It seems in the world of software/firmware that is used today doesn't get totally tested in a controlled environment. I have seen this for years in the world I lived in before I retired.

My machine was bought new a few months back and came with V4.0. I would really like to buy the MI-6 pinpointer but I want to make sure that V4.1 is really stable. Reading this forum and others it's really hard to tell. I looked for videos and post of people using the Deus with the MI-6 and yours is really the first encouraging report I have seen. I wish someone would make a video showing how much time it takes to switch back and forth between the coil and the pinpointer. Is it instantaneous or does it take a few seconds?

I have hunted for nearly 20 years and never made the finds I have made with the Deus. It's a great detector. IMO there is nothing better on the market including the new machine just released by one of the other companies.

Anyway, that's my take on things.

Harold

Architex said:

what are the definite improvements?

Architex said:

My upgrade went perfectly as expected.
However I do understand that their can be problems ... hopefully very few.
XP stands ready with support and service should you be one of the "lucky ones" to have a problem.