Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gettysburg Relics

relics4plus

Nice collection of relics I dug near Emmitsburg,MD where Reynolds 1st Corp camped just before Gettysburg. Dug on private property with the landowners permission.

Wow Jay..........:clapping: Congratulations on the great assortment of finds.

Working on trying to get permission on a winter camp site that had huts built on it in the winter of 1862 near Frederick, MD

Nice collection of 1st Corps relics.

:surprised: great hunt. cch

You know what I love about these relic collections you guys put together?

For one, They look great. #2 When looking at them, you can get a feeling of the times. #3 Scenes pop into your mind of the daily life of the soldiers. #4 The relics case will be handed down for for others to ponder. #5 The artifacts are out of the ground, not to be lost, as they really are worth more than jewels. #6 there is substance to them, they really mean something. #7 They are our American History and ours alone.

Can anyone add to the list? I'd like to hear your thoughts on these incredible collections.

When I was in school, history was boring the way it was taught. If my teachers had cases of artifacts for us to see, I would have been wide eyed.

Good job guys!

Great job at explaining why we "diggers" devote so much time in the field in an effort to preserve our past for future generations. You said it all Steve, Thanks.

I visited a small Civil War Museum in Doylestown, Pa a few months ago. It was free, but you could donate. When you go in, a guide will hook up with you. He walks you around while giving his knowledge on the artifacts. They will also display your artifacts if you want to lend them to the museum. I learned allot on that visit. I should keep going back to work through every guide in the place.
You name it, it's in there (no cannons). I learned that the boots given to the Union soldiers, could be worn on either foot and, they had authentic (worn) boots on display. They had pistols, rifles, uniforms, swords, oh my gosh, it was way cool. If you ever pass through Doylestown, Pa, stop in, I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

That's an incredible amount of finds, how much time spent in the finding of those relics? I envy anyone that has such a place to hunt. Good job! Spent 5 days in Gettysburg last fall, which just barely scratched the surface of my need to study the battlefield.

Several weekends for sure. Rather large camp but they were only here for 2 days so the pickings are getting few and far between. Three other fellow diggers found just as much as I have displayed. Weeds are waist high now so I am going to focus on a wooded area about 3500 yards from where the field is located. Will post anymore finds for sure.The Gettysburg area is pretty much a no go anymore, most that could be hunted has been pounded to death and most land owners use that awful 2 letter word when asking. Still a lot of spots they travelled through to get To Gettysburg and also leaving G'burg that have yet to be discovered. 2 Large camps found just last year that have been overlooked for all these years and they found them just by chance.
Thanks
HH

Very nice bunch of finds! I appreciate your knowledge of the troops involved at the site. I know that to me, and I think most who post on this CW forum, enjoy the "story" behind the finds as much as the actual recovery of them

Amazing finds! Can't believe people are able to find so much still, would have thought these places would have been hunted clean years ago! Anyone know why so many unfired bullets seem to be always found??

Dear Relics 4plus, Live in North Georgia where the "Battle of Rocky Face Ridge" and "Battle of Resaca" took place. Come down and find a few relics from the "Atlanta Campaign"
Regards and Good Hunting,
Capt. Doug

PS. Just bought a CTX 3030 and going back to old spots and try new technology !!!