Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GGA vs GGU

Ok guys I finally received my 30 dollar Uk delivered Ip68 connector, I wired the GGA's and tested them side by side to the GGU's and found no improvement in volume. I have to admit I have not dove with them yet, I am not sure there is reason to believe they would be better.To say I am frustrated and unhappy is an under statement. I have heard the Garret's are a better choice. Too bad I didn't know that prior to dropping another 180 bucks on another set of headphones that aren't helping.

If there is an improvement while diving I will post, if not, I will spare you from my continued frustration.

If nothing else, hopefully, I can save someone else from this expense laden fate.

H20 guy

Well, I was thinking of doing the same thing ... at least your disappointment saved me the same aggravation. So, Thank You!

minelab really need to use one of their 3 year over due ctx updates here !! we really need some help please :poke: if the excel works great with these same ph.'s its obviously a software issue !!

rumours getting around Codan are getting out so who knows who picks minelab up but the detector market is dying off all the easy stuff is gone and cheap detectors for the newbies are taking centre stage as the money spinner and us high end users are being left behind as they already have our cash !!

so time to step up minelab or get out of the game lot of unhappy high end users around !!

AJ

Ok, I dove with the GGA's and I have to admit they are slightly louder, I would estimate in terms of percentage about 10% better volume,however, the volume is still so poor I have to hold my breath in order to work a signal. Just to demonstrate how much an improved headphone makes... I dove a spot that I have hunted several times before and found seven silvers, three war nickels, a V nickel, a buffalo nickel, two mercs, a 52 rosie, a 52 washington, and two wheat pennies all in an iron infested site. I can only dream how much better I could do with a decent set of headphones. I know I am missing targets while I am breathing, I try to slow down and double check sites prior to moving on.

Does anyone know if there is a resistor mod or anything that can be done to the GGA's in order to improve volume?

H20 Guy

I want diving today and my GGA, it started off doing good but had the same results as you H2O Guy but after about 15 minutes and 12' the headphones started getting quieter and quieter till I could not hear it at all... I am going to try one more thing and then I am going to put my Garretts back on... I will let you know the results of my next project if it works...

Hey H20 Guy, what did your GGA speakers look like? I must have had an old pair of GGA that ended up failing (took in water) but I had ordered another pair and they are completely different. The first pair that I used had a metal plate on the backing and it was sealed by silicone but the new pair that I received today had a clear plastic housing with screws... I hooked them up and they sound louder than the first GGA (before they failed) and sound as loud as my Garretts (still need to test them in the water). I notice that 1000hz is real loud... I will post the results tomorrow after my dive...

hm I just cracked mine open they are the same as the ones in your photo and are pretty loud I don't dive just wade so they are going to fine for that maybe the gel muffs will help with diving I have some I am going to put on mine when the ones on the GGA annoy me enough :ranting:

AJ