Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ghost town hunt.....

okierebel

Hunt from last weekend. Tax token(OK), rivets, soap token, lipstick case, pocket watch, and check out the sheet music holder off of wind
or horn instrument. Never found one before. Best find-1852 French ten centimes coin. I mean what in H is that doing in Oklahoma!!
Thanks for looking! HH okie

20201125_134610.jpg20201125_134108.jpg20201125_133936.jpg
All finds w/Deus 9" LF

Nice finds! Coin must of come in on the wind named Mariah......(sorry). Sheet (or booklet holder) most likely off of a brass section instrument.

Cool digs Okie you just never know what's going to pop out. I found a 1933 5 centavos Mexican coin the other day!
HH Jeff
Exactly right! It keeps us goin don't it? I've found a lot of more modern foreign coins just never one this old(not counting reals)

Hunt from last weekend. Tax token(OK), rivets, soap token, lipstick case, pocket watch, and check out the sheet music holder off of wind
or horn instrument. Never found one before. Best find-1852 French ten centimes coin. I mean what in H is that doing in Oklahoma!!
Just saw the post and since I grew up in the Mayes County area I thought you ought to know that the town of Salina was founded by Jean Pierre Chouteau Jr. He opened up a fur trading post on the Grand River around 1796. His Father Jean Pierre Chouteau and his half brother Auguste Chouteau of New Oreleans were early settlers in St. Louis. The town of Chouteau is also named after Jean Pierre Chouteau. It's quite possible they traded french coins for furs back then. Check your Oklahoma History. Nice find by the way.

Just saw the post and since I grew up in the Mayes County area I thought you ought to know that the town of Salina was founded by Jean Pierre Chouteau Jr. He opened up a fur trading post on the Grand River around 1796. His Father Jean Pierre Chouteau and his half brother Auguste Chouteau of New Oreleans were early settlers in St. Louis. The town of Chouteau is also named after Jean Pierre Chouteau. It's quite possible they traded french coins for furs back then. Check your Oklahoma History. Nice find by the way.
Thanks for the info Listener! I believe they had a post on Canadian R. also. Somewhere SE ok Ok. City. This was found in Nowata Co. so who
knows. I live in Tulsa Co. almost Wagoner Co. Mayes is not to far!
HH okie

Thanks for looking Coinboy!! Aren't you the youngster on here w/ all of us oldsters? If so I commend you
on your success at detecting. Makes me feel better about our sport ;) as a whole. Like a legacy I guess you could say.
My grandson is ten but I can't imagine getting him interested in this, Time will tell. Anyway good luck and I hope you
get those ten more silvers this year!:thumbup::thumbup:

HH okie

Thanks for looking Coinboy!! Aren't you the youngster on here w/ all of us oldsters? If so I commend you
on your success at detecting. Makes me feel better about our sport ;) as a whole. Like a legacy I guess you could say.
My grandson is ten but I can't imagine getting him interested in this, Time will tell. Anyway good luck and I hope you
get those ten more silvers this year!:thumbup::thumbup:

HH okie
Yes I am. Thanks I appreciate it!

Thanks for the info Listener! I believe they had a post on Canadian R. also. Somewhere SE ok Ok. City. This was found in Nowata Co. so who
knows. I live in Tulsa Co. almost Wagoner Co. Mayes is not to far!
HH okie
My maiden name is Mayes & I didn't kmow there is a county or town named Mayes--My grandma, dad & family came to MO from Lawrence, Kansas in the early 1930's! I guess it is a small world after all?? :whistle: Ma