Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ginormous Gold!

407floyd

This is the most massive gold I've ever found. Found under a tree in a curb strip. I broke the glass when I dug it up. It's 23 jewel, 18k, 12 size, 1903 Hamilton 927 according to Hamilton records. Given to Phil from Leonard in 1934. I wish Leonard would have given a little more info. Leonard must have been in love with Phil to spend that much money on a gift. Phil should have been more careful with his golden watch. I can't find a 1903 catalog to find out how much this cost new. It seems to be top of the line on the 12 size.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    512.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2296.jpeg
    IMG_2296.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2297.jpeg
    IMG_2297.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 208
18kt to boot! awesome find!!

Must be at least 1000 bucks worth of gold

Wow that’s a beautiful watch I’ve found a nice silver one always wanted to find a gold one just found this cool watch fob which I gave to a friend who collects them.
Mark

Attachments

• 7EAA3EB6-FD58-40F8-B695-0318FC66951C.jpeg
    7EAA3EB6-FD58-40F8-B695-0318FC66951C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • 1A3D81C6-8132-4345-A0DE-25D229145BB1.jpeg
    1A3D81C6-8132-4345-A0DE-25D229145BB1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
This is the most massive gold I've ever found. Found under a tree in a curb strip. I broke the glass when I dug it up. It's 23 jewel, 18k, 12 size, 1903 Hamilton 927 according to Hamilton records. Given to Phil from Leonard in 1934. I wish Leonard would have given a little more info. Leonard must have been in love with Phil to spend that much money on a gift. Phil should have been more careful with his golden watch. I can't find a 1903 catalog to find out how much this cost new. It seems to be top of the line on the 12 size.
Congratulation! That’s a terrific find,
Tony

Maybe Phil buried it there 😂 He could of been insulted as he was expecting something much more 🤭

This just reinforces that we need to keep the coil to the ground and moving forward. One just never knows when the unit will go ka-ching (sorry) or what the next treasure could be. Good job!

holy moly! wow, that is one great find. I have found a few watches in my time, but not that fine. have you thought about a possible restoration?

Jeff

Phil here. I wondered where I had misplaced...err dropped...err lost that thing. Munich, you say??

Just kidding. Great find...no, that's a AWESOME find!

Here's a shot of a couple of pages from the copy of the Sears 1902 edition catalog.
Unfortunately, the only watches that are solid gold are 14 karat.
Did not see any Hamilton's, but saw a couple of Elgin high number jewel models that may give you some idea about the selling price of yours.

IMG_0377.JPG