Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ginormous Gold!

My friend found this this ones in nice condition

Attachments

• 20BD6500-A301-4331-BC4C-362ABFA62247.png
    20BD6500-A301-4331-BC4C-362ABFA62247.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
On the back of the watch the numbers 207750 causes me to pause, and think, are those numbers
more indicative in identifying that particular watch?
With those numbers I am inclined to speculate: 1.) Those numbers, perhaps, as with other antiques indicate pre-occupied Japan?
2.) Those numbers considered with the fact other similar watches irrespective whether they have numbers on the back none I have
seen are 18 K?

Leatherneck

I was doing some research on this watch company and read that in trying to date the watch, do not use the serial
number on the case, but use the one on the movement.
You’re correct. I should have checked the movement numbers. I’ll do that when I get home from work today. Leatherneck also suspected something didn’t add up. Thanks for the info.

holy moly! wow, that is one great find. I have found a few watches in my time, but not that fine. have you thought about a possible restoration?

Jeff
If I hadn’t broken the glass, I might have considered it. Restoration sounds expensive.

On the back of the watch the numbers 207750 causes me to pause, and think, are those numbers
more indicative in identifying that particular watch?
With those numbers I am inclined to speculate: 1.) Those numbers, perhaps, as with other antiques indicate pre-occupied Japan?
2.) Those numbers considered with the fact other similar watches irrespective whether they have numbers on the back none I have
seen are 18 K?

Leatherneck
On another note, I was waiting if anyone else agreed in whole or in part:
1.) Those numbers, perhaps, as with other antiques indicate pre-occupied Japan?
seen are 18 K?
My most interesting discovery was what was on the Internet. Etsy, I believe this is the woman who started a business in her home, and is not quite wealthy.
Needless to say, I have truly admired her. It was a post on the Internet, there are (2) two glaring facts: 1.) It is listed for $3,270.00. 2.) It is listed: 14K Yellow Gold Case 17 Jeweled Movement Stag Deer Engraving Pocket Watch.
I believe the watch you found is 18K Yellow Gold Case? It appears that the significance of these would hold their value premised on their uniqueness.

Leatherneck

Ok, my initial research was FUBAR. The serial number on the case really messed up everything. Here's the real goods now. Took me a while to open the movement, then find the serial number. It's down below the movement, so you have to get lighting just right to see it. With that info, everything comes together nicely. Built in 1932, it fits much better as a gift in 1934. It's a 922MP instead of a 927. Don't know what the MP stands for. Gold content is still up in the air. It says Train Material and Jewel Settings are gold. More research on the 207750 case serial number may clear things up. Saw a white gold 922 for sale for $3000. By the way, if you were in the oil business during the Great Depression, you avoided much of the misery. I grew up in an area that boomed in the late 20s/ early 30s.

Attachments

• 20210726_185459.jpg
    20210726_185459.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • DSC00114.jpeg
    DSC00114.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 91
It’s odd the case material is not mentioned in the specs …looks like everything else is.
I have an old Hamilton pocket watch that was my Dad’s.
In the specs it states the case was either stainless steel or 10k “rolled gold”.
His is the “Traffic Special” model.

According to new research, 1932 watches are rarer because sales were extremely down that year. Also, if it says 18K on the case, it's solid gold. Otherwise it would have specified Gold-Filled. That's great news. Wadsworth made cases for the 922 in 1932. Also, the "MP" in 922MP stands for "Masterpiece". 23 jewels is the highest grade. Im thinking this was an expensive watch when new.

I agree, it sounds like a pricy time piece back in the day.
Hard to tell what it would be worth today if it had not been lost and still functioned.

Really makes one ponder how it got where it was found. Sherlock Holmes material for sure!!