Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Glad I dug!

jkline

Ronstar and I met up to hunt around where he found a Peace dollar yesterday. It was Etrac's turn, so promptly got to work-- today was going to be an 'iffy' signal day.

4 hours later, had a Merc and a war nickel in the pouch. Not going to bother with pics-- we all know what they look like. Just thought I'd mention that the Merc read 8 46 and the nickel read 22 14. I've passed over the nickel before, assuming it was aluminum. Boy was I wrong!

Ronstar and I met up to hunt around where he found a Peace dollar yesterday. It was Etrac's turn, so promptly got to work-- today was going to be an 'iffy' signal day.

4 hours later, had a Merc and a war nickel in the pouch. Not going to bother with pics-- we all know what they look like. Just thought I'd mention that the Merc read 8 46 and the nickel read 22 14. I've passed over the nickel before, assuming it was aluminum. Boy was I wrong!
A 13-14 -15 is always a dig me signal for me....gold rings ....v-nickels, war nickels and buffalo's often end up in that range.

In Jeff’s defense…….
We both have been getting weird signals around this area. Last weekend I hit a signal just under a big old cedar tree, for me it was screaming half dollar size numbers (85 on the Fisher). The problem I was facing is we are not supposed to dig within six feet of any trees and I was right at 5’11” if ya know what I mean.
I called Jeff over for a second opinion with his 3030 and he hit both silver signals and at one point it flashed penny. I decided to dig the signal by going downwards nearby and tunneling back towards the object. Ended up it was a ‘64 Canadian penny. Go figure.
We both been getting penny/dime signals from aluminum tabs, dimes in quarter numbers etc. I’m guessing the areas with iron trash are skewing the numbers on us. I dug a strong 38-39 (tab) number and it ended up being a newer style nickel.

In Jeff’s defense…….
We both have been getting weird signals around this area. Last weekend I hit a signal just under a big old cedar tree, for me it was screaming half dollar size numbers (85 on the Fisher). The problem I was facing is we are not supposed to dig within six feet of any trees and I was right at 5’11” if ya know what I mean.
I called Jeff over for a second opinion with his 3030 and he hit both silver signals and at one point it flashed penny. I decided to dig the signal by going downwards nearby and tunneling back towards the object. Ended up it was a ‘64 Canadian penny. Go figure.
We both been getting penny/dime signals from aluminum tabs, dimes in quarter numbers etc. I’m guessing the areas with iron trash are skewing the numbers on us. I dug a strong 38-39 (tab) number and it ended up being a newer style nickel.
I have no question about it....I have a good article written by Tom Dankowski.....here is a link if you want to read something very interesting about masked coins and stuff.