Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Glad to be back!

Cutaplug

Man I've missed this forum =) So I took a break from detecting for about 10 months cause I've been super busy and even moved out of state to TN. Finally settled and ready to hit the soil again. A lot of people asked for my etrac settings so I posted a vid last week that shows what I use. Today I uploaded a vid showing how to find super deep coins in general. If you're not consistently digging silver dimes in the 9" - 10" range then the vid will definitely shine some light on the subject can't wait ti get caught up on everything that's happening in the detecting world :detecting:

My E-Trac settings:
http://youtu.be/NfcQzDUpMdQ

How to find super deep coins:
http://youtu.be/9tP7gC3Yfp8

I tried to embed the videos but for some reason it's not working for me. If someone knows how to put them in the post please let me know =)

Hi neighbor. I'm in Knoxville,can't get out detecting now because of all the ice and snow. Spring can't get here fast enough.

I, for one, am glad to see you back! I always enjoy your videos, and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Great video for beginners especially for those with some miles on their detector.

You hit on something in that video, sweep speed which is sometimes overlooked as to its importance.
I agree the eTRAC can be swept too slow to detect deep keepers which are at the threshhold of detection. Found this out with live field experiments.
Sweeping ultra slow might be alright for separating shallow keepers in a junk field but in my experience sweeping too slow can also miss the deep oldies.
Of course sweeping the eTRAC too fast is no good either.

By the way i noticed from some of your old videos you use a NEL Tornado coil on your eTRAC.
The Tornado/eTRAC combo is a kicka$$ deep silver finder!
Been using that combo for a few years which has found many many deep silver coins that others walked over.

I myself consider deep silver to be any where from 8 to 12+ inches deep.
Any remaining silver in the pounded parks here is either deep, on edge, next to junk or masked by junk.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Still trying to figure out how to embed a video lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tP7gC3Yfp8[/youtube]