Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Glory Seekers ?

hunter_46356

Curious if anyone else has run across those people that just have that uncanny ability to one up you every single time you hunt with them. You might think a little different after you read this. I

Not sure what happened but here's the complete post.

Curious if anyone else has run across those people that just have that uncanny ability to one up you every single time you hunt with them. I

Third times a charm Maybe

Curious if anyone else has run across those people that just have that uncanny ability to one up you every single time you hunt with them. I been pretty much a loner till I partnered with a guy half my age this spring. In the beginning it seemed to work out. I was hoping to spark his interest in research. Figured with two of us looking for new hunting ground we'd never run out of places to detect. Turned into running around hunting a lot of public parks. Don't get me wrong parks are OK but the around here have been pounded. I guess I need a mix of tough hunting and new ground. He did share a pretty good spot that was still public but little known. Had a good hunt. After that he tagged along to several of my places. Never did come up with anything new on his own. At least didn't share any with me if he did. Pretty soon I couldn't help but suspect something was going on when I was getting smoked on most every hunt with him. Blew it off at first, guessed he's better or luckier than me...or something's funny. Turns out something was funny. I called him out on a particular find with facts he couldn't deny. He confessed....really didn't have much of a choice. Claimed he felt bad when he did it but didn't say anything cause he figured it'd blow over. Well it blew up. He didn't realize I had seen his post months before on a different forum of the same find he claimed to have found when we were hunting one day. This got me suspicious of several other finds on previous hunts that may or may not have been planted. Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong about those it would be difficult not to suspect anything from here on out. Certainly takes the fun out of hunting with a partner. Back to hunting Solo.

When meeting up with somebody new I always make it a point to find some kind of neutral turf neither of us has been to, and I have some good friends who I've never taken to some of my good spots and who have never taken me to theirs. That's how it should be in a lot of cases!

Sounds like a lot of drama, and not even sure what the issue was... did he use a flux capacitor to travel back in time to hit places that you showed him, so that when the two of you got there, everything was already gone?

"You know when I detect alone, I prefer to be by myself"

Pokerman

I take it he was planting, or digging holes and then pulling a good find out of his pocket, and claiming to have juts found it? That is sad, he obviously is trying to get attention, and wants you to think he is "cool."

Given that he doesn't even bring good sites to the table, I think I'd quit hunting with him.

That's been handled Bryan. If I want drama I'll watch Diggers. It's a hobby not a race.

We have a guy that comes to club meetings with outrageous finds and rubs them in everyones nose. We all know he is a liar but to everyones credit, he is tolerated. Some people have serious inferiority complexes.

I would rather plant something that looks old and valuable and let someone else dig it so the joke would be on them :starwars:

Jedi said:
I would rather plant something that looks old and valuable and let someone else dig it so the joke would be on them :starwars:

I did that one time and haven't seen that Barber Half since! LOL...

I was thinking something like this. Its a fake trillion dollar coin. You can get em off flea bay for about $15.