Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Go Minelabbing Weekend

doc1964

I took a road trip with my brothers this weekend - to parts unknown. We started at Indiana Dunes State Park on Saturday morning for the Go Minlabbing event (where I won an X Terra 305). Met up with Gatekeeper and Carver, along with some of the detectorists from around the Chicago area - then when the event was over we hit the road for a few hours and hunted some small towns and cities. We hunted HARD for everything we found. I ended up with 7 wheats, an old pocket watch, what looks like a scribe or something, an aluminum good luck pendant and 2 Indians (1899 and 1900) along with an 1897 Barber dime that were within a few feet of one another and probably lost by the same person. My brother Tim found a 1906 Injun, a smooth SLQ and a very nice 1892-O Barber quarter. Fun trip with my bros, but that drive home was a bear!

That aluminum Good Luck charm was probably a give away at a fair or Circus during the 1950s and 1960's. We are hunting an area that had a Circus set up during that time peroid and have found many of those charms, exactly like that one.

Nice looking IH pennies. Cleaned up well.

It appears you got a good days haul. Keep it up. :thumbup: I live in SC and have found one of those four leaf clovers. I'm not sure it was a token though.