Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going silent

oldmoney

The other day I was MDing and a friend saw me and stopped to chat, so I turned my Safari off and talked for a few minutes. When I went back to MDing I noticed I wasn't hearing anything from the machine. At first I thought I was just in an area where there wasn't anything in the ground, but then I looked and the TID numbers were jumping around. My first thought was that my headphones had come out of the jack, not the case though. When I would stop swinging the sound came back on. As soon as I move the machine it goes silent. So I started to look things over then I started to get sounds but not the nulling sound. By "move" I mean literally pick it off the ground an inch, not even swing, just straight up. So I called it a day and went home a little disgruntled. I let it sit for a few hours and thought about it, maybe it was the coil, so I changed out the coil and all seemed good. I took it out again later and that coil started to to do the same thing. But then I took it again the next day and it worked great for about 2 hrs then started again. I put new batteries in it. So I am wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what they did about it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old $ , this may be a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't rule what has happened two, maybe three times in six years as a Safari owner when I'm lucky to hunt several days in a row or hunt frequently. I've found that the detector will appear to power up normally (humm in background) , I then noise cancel over clean ground as we all do. l then I found as I start swinging the the coil is that the audio feedback or background humm is sporadic or stops altogether. It seems that retaining nut from the coil connecting to the control housing has started to unscrew itself giving me the poor results. Quickly disassembled upper control arm from control box and retaining nut was almost unthreaded....So I now take moment to check connections and any fittings prior to a hunt......Good Luck.