Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to try Gonehunting's settings

etracjoe

Tomorrow morning I will have my maiden voyage with the CTX at a local 200 plus year old park or maybe a house that is as old!! I am going to try Gonehunting's settings with the exception of a wide open screen or maybe the relic pattern. I primarily used the Etrac in TTF so I am betting this combined mode with 5 tones will do the trick. Gives me less time to look at the screen then the 2 tone. So far very happy with the machine and must say very happy with the wireless audio. Peice of cake for me to pair up. Didn't think was going to be a feature I would care much for but really am seeing where this will come in handy when recovering a target. HH Joe

With Gonehunting program it pit up on a 1918 merc at 11 inches that was on end in VERY dry ground I am happy with this program:twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

Anybody have a condensed version of Gonehunting settings? A little overwhelmed currently with the CTX. Afraid the basic cion program and defeault settings are not doing a s well as the eTrac. Any help appreciated. Has anyone posted an exchange II file wit the settings?
Thanks,
Mike

I don't know if they are exactly like Gonehunting's settings as I think he has more than one. But give this a shot.....take your Coin Search mode and copy it to a new Search Mode. Then go back into that new search mode and change the Audio Profile to Combined, Separation to Ferrous - Coin, Fast OFF, and crank the Auto Sensitivity up to a +2 or +3 offset. Change Pattern 2 of the new search mode to be totally open (accepted) and turn on Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint. Once you get the hang of Combined Audio, resize some of the bins to reflect the targets you're after and change the pitches of those bins to suit your hearing. HH Randy

Sounds really good Randy and will give a shot soon!!

Actually, I was implementing the various "programs" long before XChange2 was developed. So obviously, it can be done either way. XChange2 allows you to make the adjustments and hear the tones a bit quicker than if you were doing it on the detector, as well as save a copy for future reference. In addition, XChange2 makes it much easier to share with friends than via the telephone! HH Randy

thanks guys, Digger is the one that got me off "Trac" so to speak and on the right road with the CTX. First thing was changing my thinking that it was like the E-Trac.. I have a video that goes thru How I did it.. it may not be the proper way but I think I got everything I did covered...
Gonehunting's settings

WOW, I hope you realize how many people you have just helped, myself included! I myself cannot thank you enough for taking the time out of your for this. Again GREAT stuff and looking forward to see in more videos, thanks friend !!!

this is great work and it shows how the 3030 has taken all the steps nesessary to make navigating and customizing your programs a breeze,,,, thanks again !!!

I am glad it helped....

Very good in depth video. Where were you yesterday with this vid?....lol!! Actually I found the machine menus and the exchange 2 to be very easy to use. I forgot to use ferrous coin today while in your program and was in high trash but no big deal. I remembered 10 minutes before coming home so did not get the chance to really play with it. I must say I love the CTX and all of its functionality. I did not find anything special today to post but I did find a wheat penny some clad and other various conductive targets that are considered junk but very well could have been a good hit. The spot I detected is 250 years old and is still heavily in use today. When I left there last year there were no conductive hits left above a 12-30 because I personally cleaned them out with the Etrac while gridding the area over numerous times. Well I will say the Etrac left some goodies because I did not grid today and with it being my first time out with the CTX I would say I did well bringing home any conductive hits above 12-30. This was done in 2 hours and I lost alot of time digging due to having to use the pro pointer and not the x1 probe. I miss ya x1!!! I did dig more iron then used to but that is because of the lack of the x1. I would say this spot had too much iron for the Etrac as being the reason why it missed these targets because they were all within range of my Etrac. Maybe next time out I can get a deep hit to compare. Everything today was 6 inches or less. HH Joe

ps: I always ran the Etrac at this site in TTF with auto plus 3, high trash, deep on, fast off wide open screen. Pretty much the same as the CTX but the CTX had the tone capabilty so I did not have to look at the screen as much:thumbup::minelab:

Very good video.......Gonehunting, you may know this and just didn't get into it for the purpose of keeping things simple on the video. When in the XChange2 program, at the top of the column on the left, there is "Collections with a plus beside it. You can hit the plus sign, and it will bring up icons that can be selected to add to those icons already in that left column. You can then select a "file folder", or whatever icon you like. Name it modes, finds, or whatever. Then instead of always using the samples folder, you can put all the modes in a Modes file, or finds in a finds file, etc. For me I can keep my things filed in an area that isn't as cluttered. Don't know if that will help anyone or not, but works for me......Again, very nice informative video......

Thanks that is definitely a help. That was the first time I had actually used it so I was walking in blind.. lol I did most of my settings on the machine. Thanks I will definitely unclutter mine when I get a chance.
C&RHunter said:
Very good video.......Gonehunting, you may know this and just didn't get into it for the purpose of keeping things simple on the video. When in the XChange2 program, at the top of the column on the left, there is "Collections with a plus beside it. You can hit the plus sign, and it will bring up icons that can be selected to add to those icons already in that left column. You can then select a "file folder", or whatever icon you like. Name it modes, finds, or whatever. Then instead of always using the samples folder, you can put all the modes in a Modes file, or finds in a finds file, etc. For me I can keep my things filed in an area that isn't as cluttered. Don't know if that will help anyone or not, but works for me......Again, very nice informative video......

Another thing you can do, once you drop a mode, or "whatever" file onto the FILE icon, is the ability to export it to the folder of your choice on your PC, and then send it in an email as an attachment. Highlight the FILE icon, a list of files that are in that icon, will appear in the wide column. From there go and highlight the file you want to send to your PC. Then go up and select the EXPORT FILE icon, a box appears and will ask if you want to include images. Do whatever you like with that, and click OK. At that point the Windows Explorer page comes up and will let you pick the place you want to store your files on your PC, and name the file "Stev'es Coin 1" or whatever, then OK. now you have the file on your PC. Just create an email attach your ?.MLF file and send it. Once they receive it, they would save to a place of their choice on their PC. Open XChange2, click the FILE icon, and then select the IMPORT icon. Select the ?.MLF file they want to import, OK, now it should be in the FILE in XChange2. From there just grab and drop into the CTX or a folder in the Xchange software. That could save a long phone conversation. (Also lets someone else do all the work coming up and making the MODE..........LOL). Just another thought, even though it was rather long winded, on our sharing our MODES, FINDS, and/or GeoHunt info, if so desired...HH

Cool info thanks man!!!!