Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going wireless

Sonorguy

I'd like to try out wireless on my core, and was wondering what you all suggest. Anyone use the Z lynk with the CoRe?
Thanks

Definitely considering the z-lynk. Seems to have no delay and lasting 30 hrs on a charge is great!!. I like the elastic to mount it so it's easily moved between detectors. The receiver being light rain resistant and transmitter being heavy rain resistant is a plus.

So far as I can tell the battery life is unmatched for wireless modules that you use your own phones on

Debating on this myself. Especially for some forested areas that I hunt where bushes are constantly grabbing at headphone cables. Just not sure if I would remember to keep the headphones charged or if i want to keep a spare 'wired' pair on headphone in the pack just in case.

Experiences from anybody out there? Would like to hear back about considerations I haven't thought of yet.

Rich -

I like the idea of running the cord inside my shirt and not letting I snag anything, but the best place to get a solid answer is to ask in the general metal detecting area

are very comfortable and do eliminate the chance for snagging.

Check your e-mail as I sent you some evaluation comments regarding them.

Monte

Rich (Utah) said:
Debating on this myself. Especially for some forested areas that I hunt where bushes are constantly grabbing at headphone cables. Just not sure if I would remember to keep the headphones charged or if i want to keep a spare 'wired' pair on headphone in the pack just in case.

Experiences from anybody out there? Would like to hear back about considerations I haven't thought of yet.

Rich -

The Z-Lynk system use regular wired headphones. No need to carry other headphones.

Frank in NH said:
I like the idea of no coil cable at all, I use the Deteknix headphones.
For that situation you chose right.
I really like my headphones that fit over my ears and those go on the ear.

Well I'm still leaning towards the Garrett z-lynk because of the ability to use my own headphones but mostly because of the 30 hour battery life!!

I use the Deteknix as well. Love being wireless. I use them with my GPX as well as on my Nokta machines. They work like a charm.

Dean