Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold!!! #12 for the year!!

REVIER

Just in time a day before the bad weather comes in I had to find my 12th piece of gold to hit my crazy goal I set for myself last March when I found my 3rd.
Just about 20 minutes before I had to leave I came across this nickel signal with the new F70.
There was trash around there too, I could tell because of the jumpy numbers but I heard a good high tone in 4H, examined it further and maneuverd that coil til I gat a pretty solid 31-33 on the screen.
I dug it and lo and behold something round and golden looking in the hole.
Yellow and white gold looking.
Mot a mark on this thing which was strange, but I was holding my breath as I drove to the jewelers to get it tested.
Turns out it is 14k all around...and a beauty.

Talk about just in the nick of time, this might possibly be my last hunt of the year if the weather gets bad.
I cut it close but all those 12 targets were found and counted and this one was one of the sweetest ones because it completed my quest.

One hunt to find silver with the F70, 4 hunts and about 10 hours to find gold.
Man I can't wait for next year and see what we can accomplish together.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA3QNhLvvXw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpjgKU3qrKYB57QV5wB3yog[/video]

amazing, well done !!!

:jump:CONGRATULATIONS! :clapping::yikes: Outstanding year and a perfect close to it! I hope you get out a few more times, it sure has been great following your posts.:beers:..lots of us were pulling for you!
Mud

Big congrats on #12 for the year :thumbup: I've only found 2 gold rings this year, the gold is mighty elusive out there.

Giant056 said:
Big congrats on #12 for the year :thumbup: I've only found 2 gold rings this year, the gold is mighty elusive out there.

Don't you know it!
I have figured out a few techniques to recognizing it in the ground and discovered a few types of sites with a little higher percentage chance to find it but it is still very rare and gold hunting still entails a large amount of trash digging...but I have no regrets and never will.
Our coils are so small and the square footage area of dirt out there to search is so massive that I really believe luck has as much to do with it as anything.
This year I just happened to have that luck on my side.

Thanks!

Thought this would be a good place for a family photo....

My God you made it. I think I am just about as happy as you are. We all know how hard you been trying to get your gold rings. Well you did it. Now you can sit back and take it easy.
I hope after the bad weather it will warm up enough to get out a little. That bad weather is coming our way too. Another way to go for you. I am very happy for you... KEN

Thank you.
The stress is gone and I am a very relaxed and satisfied little boy sitting here in Kansas watching the weather turn foul but none of that seems to matter...now.

mudpuppy said:
:jump:CONGRATULATIONS! :clapping::yikes: Outstanding year and a perfect close to it! I hope you get out a few more times, it sure has been great following your posts.:beers:..lots of us were pulling for you!
Mud

Thank you Mud...really appreciated!
10 were found with the F2 because I use that the most, one with the Vaq and one with the brand new F70.
With your and others help, tips and advice about using this great F70 I believe the sky is the limit for next year.
Can't wait!

It's fun to challenge yourself- congrats!
HH - Bruce

Congrats on all the great finds !

Congratulations REVIER! on detecting some great rings this year and thank you because you've just helped me in the area of goal setting.
I just got through watching your energized and exciting video clip which really encouraged me to set some metal detecting goals, particularly how many pieces of gold I want to detect and recover in 2014. This has been a decent year with several gold rings including a Plat 12.4 gram ring but it could have been much, much better if I had set a similar goal to yours. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to 2014 to be an awesome :)golden year:) and with goal setting I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN:clapping: G.L. & H.H. :detecting:everyone!

Goldstrike said:
Congratulations REVIER! on detecting some great rings this year and thank you because you've just helped me in the area of goal setting.
I just got through watching your energized and exciting video clip which really encouraged me to set some metal detecting goals, particularly how many pieces of gold I want to detect and recover in 2014. This has been a decent year with several gold rings including a Plat 12.4 gram ring but it could have been much, much better if I had set a similar goal to yours. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to 2014 to be an awesome :)golden year:) and with goal setting I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN:clapping: G.L. & H.H. :detecting:everyone!

Sometimes, when you picture it you can achieve it...sometimes.
Shoot for the moon, fall among the stars, I say.

Love the GOLD!! Beautiful!! Good Job!

awesome Congratulations!