Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLD BUG PRO was crazy

sultan

Hello profis of the FISHER GOLD BUG

I had a strange experience with my GOLD BUG a few days ago when hunting the beaches in the northern part of Germany on the Island called SYLT at the Northsea.
It was a day with heavy heavy storm and rain. For me no problem with the correct clothing! I hunt at every weather!
First to say my GOLD BUG PRO was protected with a plastic bag. So there was no way the electronics to become wet.
After a few minutes of hunting the detector got crazy from one second to another while sweeping: All the sections of the display were flashing very fast and there was a never ending beeping stakkato. There was no use of switching off and on or to change the battery.
I also disconnected the cable and connected it again, the same Problem.
So I went home and thought my FISHER has reached the end of life. I must say that this detector has worked many hundreds of hours.
The next day I went to the beach and tried it again. And I was glad to see that the machine works as if nothing has been the day before. It worked as usual?????? The next few days I could hunt about 15 hours before I had to return to Switzerland. No Problem at all!!!!!
So my question: Has any of you an explanation for this phenomena? Is it a sign for me that the detector comes to its end of life? For me it is a problem because I have the feeling not to rely on the FISHER any more.

I remembered to a broadcast on TV about the goldhunters in Australia. They hunt with the most expensive MINELAB Golddetectors and it was shown that those detectors dont work properly if there is a thunderstorm.
They are disturbed by atmosperic influences.
Could this be with my GOLD BUG?

Greetings from Switzerland and good find to all of you

sultan

I have experienced the same thing in wet conditions and the problem was leaking Greek coil so I went to local dealer and tried other coils and they worked fine. I bought the other coils and let the Greek coil dry out and it did and worked fine but got it wet again and it acted just like yours. I have since dried it out again and sprayed it with black bed liner to seal the leak and that has fixed the leaking coil.

Minas man

I had the same problem with F 19. I sent the detector to a workshop. He returned, but nobody explained what caused the failure

Is the island you were on near any shipping lanes?
I was hunting near our harbor and my detector started doing the same thing, this was a Minelab FBS unit.
It was caused by a cruise ship with its radar and various electronic systems entering the harbor and made the detector unusable.
Just my thoughts as your episode sounds very much like mine.
Drew.

I was in the woods. Far from civilization

Far from civilization isn't far from aircraft, radar, microwaves, solar flares or lightning storms and all can cause what you describe as will water leaking into the coil. If there were a problem with the control box, it would not heal itself.

Maybe there was a Submarine in the area. They have bukoos of electronics on them. Some very powerful. I worked 20 years in the acoustics division at a manufacturer of sonar for the Navies of the world.

Hello profis of the FISHER GOLD BUG

I had a strange experience with my GOLD BUG a few days ago when hunting the beaches in the northern part of Germany on the Island called SYLT at the Northsea.
It was a day with heavy heavy storm and rain. For me no problem with the correct clothing! I hunt at every weather!
First to say my GOLD BUG PRO was protected with a plastic bag. So there was no way the electronics to become wet.
After a few minutes of hunting the detector got crazy from one second to another while sweeping: All the sections of the display were flashing very fast and there was a never ending beeping stakkato. There was no use of switching off and on or to change the battery.
I also disconnected the cable and connected it again, the same Problem.
So I went home and thought my FISHER has reached the end of life. I must say that this detector has worked many hundreds of hours.
The next day I went to the beach and tried it again. And I was glad to see that the machine works as if nothing has been the day before. It worked as usual?????? The next few days I could hunt about 15 hours before I had to return to Switzerland. No Problem at all!!!!!
So my question: Has any of you an explanation for this phenomena? Is it a sign for me that the detector comes to its end of life? For me it is a problem because I have the feeling not to rely on the FISHER any more.

I remembered to a broadcast on TV about the goldhunters in Australia. They hunt with the most expensive MINELAB Golddetectors and it was shown that those detectors dont work properly if there is a thunderstorm.
They are disturbed by atmosperic influences.
Could this be with my GOLD BUG?

Greetings from Switzerland and good find to all of you

sultan
That's a very interesting location.
How long of a drive for you to get there ?
Ever find any Viking silver and gold ??
I would love to see pictures of your travels.
As this is a place I will never get to see.