Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold coin(s) I.D.s?

Howdy,
I have had my E-trac for less than a week and I am blown away by how well it works on coins. My question is, does anyone know where gold coins ID on the FE-CO table?

Thanks!
Swayne

Great, I would appreciate that. I live in gold country (Boise Basin, Idaho). Gold coins have been found in my area. In fact, my neighbor found two-mason jars filled with gold dust/nuggets when they were bulldozing their yard for construction a few years ago. Well, that has me thinking that I should find out about I.D.' ing gold. Problem is, I don't have any gold to test.

Thanks!
Swayne

Download the eTrac emulator.

There are links to it at thebeepgoeson.com

There are U.S. Coin pattern files at the same site where you can see what the readings are for gold U.S. Coins.

Hey Swayne...

We are not to far away from each other, its gold country up here as well. I am in NE Washington state.. Kettle Falls to be specific. I think we are around 80ish miles from Spokane. Have you looked to see if there is any books on local history for your area? I know this does not answer your question about gold coins, I think thats a good question and I am hopefully that someone will have the answer.

I am really into prospecting as well as detecting, I just got my etrac about a week ago also. I am pretty much brand new to the hobby

A year or so ago when I really got into prospecting, local history really started to interest me. Now its more like an infatuation. The local history books for here are just an awesome way to compliment anyone that is into metal detecting. For an example, there is a field that I drive by 2x a day when I go into town. Come to find out, this field was a fort about 150 years ago. There is a big rock outcropping... Its always been interesting to look at.. On Saturday I learned that the big hole in the rock was from a cannon. But the indians believed this rock to be sacred. I would of never known this if it were not for local history books.

I know that a lot of settlers back in the day traveled between my neck of the woods and yours. There are tons and tons of stories of treasure that is forever buried in the ground between here and there.

Yup, we are almost neighbors. I too am very new to the sport. In fact, I only had my e-trac for 8-days. I have been reading about the local history to find areas to hunt. There sure are a lot of options in an area like this. Let me know if you are ever down this way.

Thanks!
Swayne

the only perfect discriminator is a shovel. In an area giving up old coins, it would probably be a wise idea to dig deep old CO 22 signals I guess. Bob.