Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLD COIN?

quicksilver

Not much happening at the beach for me last night. Not even much clad. But then this little coin type object. Rang in as ansolid 15. Looks like gold and is heavy. Very small also. Gonna take it to a jeweler this afternoon. Thanks for looking.

LMAO. Always beach 1......

Cool finds buddy. I hope that is a gold coin.

Thanks tim

Went to the jeweler, and herebit is. JUNK!!! LOL. OH WELL.

Oh well better luck next time buddy.

I was detecting a city park in a small town. The park in years past was an elementary school. I popped a plug and I could see a yellow reeded rim of a coin With trembling fingers I carefully extracted the coin and gently shook enough of the dirt off the coin to see that I had a gold plated clad quarter.

Talk about disappointed. Folks should not lose stuff like that it could give an old man a heart attack.

Gold plated quarter, lol, that sucks man.

I dug an Italian coin out of the surf once,that thing sparkled in the morning sun and it didnt have the slightest bit of tarnish on it...i was sure it was gold until i looked it up...

Gold coins come out of the ground bright and noticeably heavy for their size.
There will be no doubt when you find one.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I'm still looking, lol.....

Good luck on finding one they’re out there mine came from a park next to a beach in 2016 $5.00 half eagle I could not believe when I saw mine in the soil I knew right away I’d just found one so They’re out there .

Wow. Impressive.

That’s so awesome, congrats!

And the park I found mine in was hit hard over the years but I've never seen anyone hunting it now?

Part of MDing I love is the disappointments...because they provide a lot of excitement, even if it is for a little while. Found a ring last year I convinced myself was a large gold and diamond ring. Had me on cloud 9 until I got home and tested it and it wasn't a diamond or gold. But the thrill was real, even for a little while. Don't get me wrong, the real thing is great; but even fakes and junk jewelry provide a lot of fun and excitement.

Fool's gold my worst nightmare:cry:"
One lucky guy found 80 x $20 double eagles in a jam jar in a garden when digging a frog pond in Hackney London and was nicknamed "Mr Bling" for a short while, but became unlucky when they were taken away from him when they found a descendant of the original owner of the coins when buried in WW2 :sad:

Mkus said:
Good luck on finding one they’re out there mine came from a park next to a beach in 2016 $5.00 half eagle I could not believe when I saw mine in the soil I knew right away I’d just found one so They’re out there .

[size=large]"Hi there M'ky!"

I'll bet your still shaking.....So gives us the full facts please....Date and VDI.....matt
[/size]

metalpopper said:

"Hi there M'ky!"

I'll bet your still shaking.....So gives us the full facts please....Date and VDI.....matt
The coin was found with a silver money clip it was attached to but had fallen of the money clip so it came up as a high tone silver on my Etrac but I first dug up the money clip and saw it had a coin attached to it at one time so I did not dare to put my shovel back in the hole and I scooped out a handful of soil and so the gold in my hand and I just could not believe it!
My first year detecting to call it beginners luck lol...