Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold covered plate

K.B.

Took my detector out recently and found this belt plate . It was completely caked in dirt. I put it in a jar to soak. Several days later I began cleaning it with a soft toothbrush (when the tongue came off). I was stunned when gold appeared. It measures 2 3/4" X 1 7/8". The examples online were Post War. Also noticed some parts are missing. 3 holes are visible and 3 closed holes I overlooked. I noticed on the front, directly in the center, is the number 44 and maybe a Palmetto ? Please help ID

Attachments

• (front) marked holes in belt plate .jpg
    (front) marked holes in belt plate .jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 171
  • back of belt plate with tongue .jpg
    back of belt plate with tongue .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
  • back with original tongue placement 2.jpg
    back with original tongue placement 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • belt plate with 44  (2).jpg
    belt plate with 44 (2).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 156
  • belt plate with 44 1.jpg
    belt plate with 44 1.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 176
Intriguing find! Watching to see what this turns out to be…..